AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

La Lucci: "Well, certainly I would hope my two daughters would come back," she said of Alicia Minshew, who played Kendall, and Eden Riegel, who played Bianca. "We had wonderful, wonderful relationships, and they were [a part of] important storylines."

I know that's right!! 

Please register in order to view this content

So glad to hear the spinoff is still happening. Can Ms 'Rona please move. PLS!!

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@danflingsuggestions for the casting of Linc Tyler made me think about how Phoebe was not given enough sympathy nor understanding at the start of the series for drinking to cope with the loss her son aka Chuck's father. 

BUT, record scratch, I was today years old when I learned that Charles Tyler II was the son of Dr. Charles Tyler and his FIRST wife Alicia.  Which means Chuck was Phoebe's step-grandson.  It was awfully nice of Phoebe to be so motherly to Chuck.  Even after her divorce, she was always supportive of Chuck and his kids.

Suddenly I am a Phoebe-stan and anti-Mona, I mean Erica didn't become brat out of thin air, and Mona's past on the cabaret circuit was always a bit suspicious.  Phoebe left her proverbial cards on the table, whereas Mona was hiding a secret in order to bag the big bucks from Dr. Tyler.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I guess I should be more modern and not try to pit women like Phoebe and Mona against each other, especially when there is privilege and wealth to consider.  However, I can't help but be amused by the idea that Mona was in for the long con on getting her hooks into Dr. Tyler. 

• Members

Erica had an abandonment complex. Much of her bratty behavior was a facade. She blamed her mom for Eric leaving the family even though his departure was largely due to him not wanting to be a father.

What secret was Mona hiding!

How inept are you on AMC's history? And where was it stated that Mona was in a cabaret and why the hell does that make her 'suspicious'.

Phoebe was too preoccupied with her social standing and with keeping up appearances and not caring enough towards her family. She only seemed to care if their actions would be a bad reflection on her. Mona was actually caring and offered unconditional love -- something Phoebe didn't.

@DemetriKane I wish you were on these boards before it became the amateur hour.