AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

@allmc2008 Those train scenes still stand the test of time. I love Angie and Jesse, so glad they were allowed to come back and salute their stand as a iconic daytime treasure.  Back in 2008, i didn't even realize that reunion scene was borrowed from Cliff and nina storybook.

It doesn't make any sense to me how nobody thought of repeating the Phoebe/Charles/Mona with ERica/Jack/Brooke. There was this great scene at the hospital right before brookes disappearance. Brooke had on this mature sexy leather get up flirting Jack in front of Erica I need to find those scenes.

Sometimes I think the show missed out on never pairing Erica and Tad.

Have these two episodes from the 80s been posted?

First one has Estelle....

Second one was a much better episode to me has Kelly...

In both episodes characters keep talking about some party Brooke gave, I wanna see those episodes. 

Edited by DemetriKane

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Khan @Franko. Yes i remember that dream episode. It was cute!!!! I'M actually talking about pairing them realistically, she's the show biggest female star and he was the shows biggest male star how that didn't happen even before Dixie and/Or Brooke? It came to my mind when i saw a old clip of Tad and Jenny with Erica in NYC. I believe that was untapped drama there, how many martins have Erica been with?

• Members

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but, Erica would have been a generation older than Tad given that she was already engaged once while he was being kidnapped by Ray.

So, it got me thinking from Charlie Brent to Ryan Lavery, which of Erica's love affair would have had the largest age difference?

(btw grateful for the blocking feature)

Edited by j swift

• Members

Agree.  Plus, it would've been like when they paired Erica with Ryan.  Many accused that pair of lacking "heat," and I think that's because their pairing itself was inorganic.  It was like Erica and Ryan were together because someone (Chuck Pratt?) thought it'd be cute, and not because both had reached a point in their lives where hooking up would be natural or inevitable.

• Members

I still don't get how Ryan and Erica got together or how long it lasted. I thought it was a potentially viable idea, but not with Chuck Pratt who was largely terrible for the show. (Of course I also could've potentially gotten down with Bianca fùcking Ryan to get revenge on Reese and Zach, which it was rumored that Pratt had floated and may have helped drive Eden off the show, so my taste is subjective!)

• Members

Ryan is an interesting conundrum.  I liked that he started as sort of a intimacy addict.  He slept around with many female characters, and I appreciate when a soap is willing to have a promiscuous male character who is not menacing to the women in town.  Then, he found love with Gillian and he became more of a traditional romantic hero.

While I enjoy soap characters who evolve over time, (like Brooke who went from a selfish party girl to a impassioned truth teller), I kind of wish Ryan had reverted to form after Gillian.  Rather than seeking another romantic relationship, I think it would have worked if he and Erica were always into each other just for the fun of it, and then driven apart because the realities of their families made it too difficult to remain just f#^&-buddies.