AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

@j swiftAll great points. Real life is stranger than fiction, i know/knew many men. Who were cad's like Tad and when they finally settled down, it was always mostly with someone the complete opposite of the women they dated! I never wanted Liza with tad, i never felt like he truly cared for her in that way. And he hurt her to a point i could never buy it. I did love his pairing with Cara though, loved that he married a doctor too! Maybe Erica was looking in all the wrong places, maybe her true love was a bit younger than her and was an adopted Martin....

@Khan Not trying to convince you. It was just a thought because I'm always trying to rewrite things from the last decade LOL. Respect your opinion though!!!

@All My Shadows Also some great points. I really appreciate your response. Just for the record, many couplings have started from a idea just like mine. People have been paired just because they was popular, were in the same age range, or the same race etc. That's why they always test out the chemistry before they go forward with the storyline. I would definitely consider them friends. I said if i was the head writer i would've made them the new core family meaning it was not going to be short term. We can agree to disagree, i personally think it would be dope.

@allmc2008True. I think about them like it happen yesterday too! Pine Valley wasn't just Agnes baby it was mine too!

Edited by DemetriKane

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
RIP writer Mary Ryan Munisteri.
Starting her career in the mid-1970s, she was considered a pioneer in 1970s daytime serial television, writing for programs like" Love of Life," "Guiding Light," "As the World Turns," and other shows . . .She settled in Brooklyn, NY, where her best friend and co-writer Claire Labine named for Mary the main character "Mary Ryan" (a role originated by Kate Mulgrew) on the eponymous soap opera "Ryan's Hope," for which Mary was a longtime script, long-story, and "breakdown" writer.

• Members

Ok, let's simmer down, a hazy memory is not an offense.  I don't know if it is compliment or not, but I am of an age to have watched AMC in 1970s as a (very young) child, I just didn't keep contemporaneous notes thinking that 50 years later I would be discussing it on a message board.

I don't think I've said that Mona thought Nick was Erica's father, she just objected to their romance.

However, I think it is well established that Nick was a dancer and Mona knew him from the clubs.  And if read the synopsis of the plot surrounding Phoebe and Charles's divorce you will see that Mona threatened to tell Phoebe's kids that Phoebe hired Myrtle to impersonate Kitty's mother, which Mona knew to be true because she had know Kitty's mother back in her day. Try the Pine Valley Bulletin as a resource for verification, and let's all try to use a bit more kindness, understanding, and levity when discussing our memories

http://www.pinevalleybulletin.com/Quick Guide/BiographiesWeb/KaneMona.html

Edited by j swift

• Members

These two websites make the claim that Mona was friends with Kitty's mom Lucy:

http://www.eyeonsoaps.com/AMC/char - myrtle.htm

http://www.pinevalleybulletin.com/Quick Guide/BiographiesWeb/FargateMyrtleLum.html

Whether those sites are accurate is another story. The first site falsely makes the claim that Kitty left Pine Valley in 1979. If I recall correctly, Kitty died in 1977.

• Members
Here is the obituary for writer Mary Ryan Munisteri:
UNISTERI--Mary Ryan (1939-2022). Mary Ryan Munisteri died peacefully at her home in Brooklyn, NY, on January 29, 2022 at 82 years old. Starting her career in the mid-1970s, she was considered a pioneer in 1970s daytime serial television, writing for programs like" Love of Life," "Guiding Light," "As the World Turns," and other shows. A graduate of Trinity College (now Trinity Washington University) in Washington, D.C., Mary went on to graduate from Yale University with an M.A.T. degree. She settled in Brooklyn, NY, where her best friend and co-writer Claire Labine named for Mary the main character "Mary Ryan" (a role originated by Kate Mulgrew) on the eponymous soap opera "Ryan's Hope," for which Mary was a longtime script, long-story, and "breakdown" writer. With approximately a dozen Daytime Emmy awards to her name, Mary also won a best writing Emmy Award for the short film "Mandy's Grandmother" (starring Maureen O'Sullivan), which was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Short Film. Mary was also head of the Writers Development Program at CBS and finished her career with a long stint writing for the successful daytime show "General Hospital." She retired in 2005. She is survived by her children, Matt Munisteri (Carmela Marner), Ben Munisteri (James Bowyer), and Adele Munisteri (Andres Gleich), and two grandchildren, Arlo and Calla Gleich. The family will announce a memorial service at a later date.

• Members

I was an advid viewer of All My Children in the 1970s.  I did not see the first twenty-eight months of the show (due to not having an ABC affiliate near my home), but I do not remember that Nick was ever a dancer.    He DID own a dance studio, but I do not remember that Nick had ever been a dancer or was a dancer.     He met his wife Kitty when he hired her to be an instructor in his dance studio.     Kitty had been in Hollywood and wanted to be discovered as a dancer, but the age of the musical was mostly over by that time.   She decided to move to Pine Valley because her mother had once lived there or had some connection to Pine Valley.    I remember that Kitty asked to meet Kate Martin because Kate had lived in Pine Valley during that time and Kitty hoped that Kate could possibly remember her mother.  (When Kitty came to have dinner with the Martin family, Kate could remember ever having met Kitty's mother.)

By the way, before Nick had his dance studio, he owned a firm that sold light bulbs.

• Members

Speaking of Tim Dillon (as we were on the wasted character thread) got me thinking about who would have inherited Alex Hunter's fortune.

Here's the family tree as published by Soap Central

Alex Hunter (deceased) (Died 1986)

m. Unknown
    c. Jeremy Hunter (deceased) (twin; died 1995 on Loving)
        a. Marissa Rampal
            c. David Rampal
                m. Melanie Cortlandt (married 1991)
        m. Natalie Marlowe (deceased) (Married 1986; Died 1993)
        m. Natalie Marlowe (deceased) (Married 1988; Died 1993)
        m. Ceara Connor (deceased) (married 1991; died 1992 on Loving)
    c. Gilbert Hunter (twin)

m. Natalie Marlowe (died 1993)
    c. Tim Dillon (born 1986)
    Later adopted by Trevor Dillon.

Given that Alex didn't know that Tim was his son when he died, so he wouldn't have been in the will.  And, he didn't seem to acknowledge that Jeremy had a twin (which is an amusing coincidence since Natalie also had an identical twin).  And, Jeremy was murdered in Corinth.  Do you think boring ol' David Rampal got the cash? Or did Tim get an inheritance through the death of Natalie?

Also, since I am in a speculative mood, do y'all think that Andrew Preston got life in prison for the accidental death of Alex Hunter?  Because Palmer adopted him and then never spoke to him again after his conviction.  I hope Bobby Warner and Pete Cortlandt did not have to share a trust fund with some guy who Palmer only knew for a couple of years.  But, given that the estate was managed by Jackson Montgomery, I'm sure some details were overlooked.

Edited by j swift