AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was thinking about Susan the last few weeks because she has been very quiet on Instagram. She usually posts a few times a week. Now it makes sense. Last year she lost her mother and now Helmut. I hope Susan can lean on her family and friends during this difficult time.

• Members

You really saw and felt the love between those two when Susan finally won her Emmy.  I mean, the way they held each other and looked into each other's eyes before she went up on stage.  I could only WISH to have a man love me the way Helmut loved her.  RIP - and may God be with Susan and the rest of the family as they mourn this loss.

• Members

This has made me sadder than I could have expected. Their quarantined cooking tutorials were the highlight of my IG feed, you could just feel warm waves of their love emanating from the screen. And boy did it ever make my day when Susan responded to one of my comments on Helmut’s salad making technique.

It’s been some years now, but @DRW50 posted some early ‘70s AMC articles featuring Susan and Helmut. It makes me misty just thinking about them, relatively newlyweds so obviously in love, Liza and Andreas still years away, finding their feet with no clue of the heights this life would take them. And then in those IG videos, seeing them in their huge beautiful kitchen, empty nesters, having the same kind of intimate dinners they surely had 50 years ago. 

• Members

Poor Susan i hope she gets the support she needs right now I was also thinking of her Lately, was even afraid, when i get those sudden feelings it usually means death, of such person urgh

But changing subjects Were There Any Pianists on AMC? I don't seem to recall any

• Members

Joseph, you may perhaps be thinking of Melanie Sawyer.   She was the first cousin of Pamela Kingsley, the niece of Brandon Kingsley, and the daughter of Judith Kingsley Sawyer.  She was a pupil of Mark Dalton's who dated Dr. Chuck Tyler following his divorce from Donna and prior to his marriage of Carrie Tyler.   (Melanie and Carrie were friends.)  She and Chuck travelled to Switzerland at the same time that Palmer and Donna were there, and Donna and Chuck conceived Palmer John.

Melanie was played by Carol McClure.   There is also a harpist named Carol McClure, and I have wondered for years if the two are the same person.   The harpist should have known better than to be playing on the wrong side of the keyboard!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Robert Morse played Harry the Bookie, a friend of Benny Sago during the time that Benny was addicted to gambling, has passed away.   He also had originated the role of Jerry on The Secret Storm with that CBS/American Home Products program premiered.

• Members

I met Larry Lau in unusual relaxed circumstances around June 20th either 1999, 2000, or 2001. (I'm not sure if it was the year AW was cancelled or the first year after or the second year after. We got together as fans, inviting other fans & actors, at Blondie's Sports Bar in Manhattan on those occasions & it was one of them.) I happened to be the person who greeted Lau & his gf & took them back to the "Hospitality Room". He was in a black t-shirt, black skinny leg jeans, black boots, black belt & his weight was down & he looked better than I'd ever seen him, meaning on AMC then later on AW. I remember knowing he'd been through something. I thought that it was getting cleaned up but I didn't know & I wasn't gonna know. He was just in s

Please register in order to view this content

uch a great frame of mind, very chatty, outgoing, really happy or doing a great job of seeming to be. He was kind & solicitous to his gf who was nice looking and friendly, but he wasn't overly so, either. I was truly impressed with what a fine human being he seemed to be at that point in his life. Tho't you might enjoy hearing this little slice. That is all. I will leave you be.