• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think this was discussed recently on another thread about 80s news and gossip when Ms Lyman did an interview about taking the role on Generations and there were a few conclusions, (1) she was run ragged from the commute btw NY and LA at the start of series, and AMC had not been accommodating about her schedule, which may have soured the relationship,(2) she had developed an active directing career while working on Mama's Family and got many opportunities behind the scenes elsewhere, and (3) NBC was desperate at the time she was cast on Generations and they offered the kind of money that was not previously discussed on AMC.

• Members

Thank you, J, for answering in more detail. I tried to search and find the discussion but couldn't. I been watching "Mama's Family" all last month into this month (now since Betty White passed), and this just sort of crossed my mind. I hadn't started watching "All My Children" regularly until I learned Jill Larson, who was so wickedly fun in her work as Ursula Blackwell on "One Life to Live", was to be cast as Opal. Shortly after I started watching Larson's debut in November, "AMC" was embracing it's 20-year mark, and they showed a brief glimpse of Lyman's work - I always adored her as Naomi Harper, but the more and more I saw of Lyman as Opal, I fell in love with what she did.

• Members

Some unsold pilots burned off by NBC in summer 1984 are being uploaded by one of my favorite Youtube channels, and both have some AMC alum. The first has (for about one or two scenes), Barbara Rush (Nola Orsini), and the second has Rosalind Ingeldew, AKA Rosalind Allen (Silver Kane #1). She's not much of an actress but she is striking, I will give her that. @SFKI always enjoy your comments on the Silver/Noelle era, so you may like to see this.