The Wendy Williams Thread

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

At this point, a comeback for Wendy seems implausible. 

I wish for health, peace, and happiness for Wendy. Her life has been very turbulent the last few years and something very serious has obviously unfolded. 

I also wish Sherri success. She is well liked and has proven she can handle her own show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am so happy for Sherri. I will miss Wendy, in spite of all her messiness, and precisely because of all her messiness. I was a loyal listener when she was on WBLS and I can hardly believe so many years have passed since she made the announcement of her trial run of an eponymous talk show.

The Lifetime movie and documentary hit such heights, I wonder if Wendy was just over it after that. She put almost all of her business out on Front Street, she had the overwhelming support of her fans while getting to see her unfaithful ex be publicly spanked. From the documentary, it was painfully clear that she was hurt and lonely no matter how much she professes to being her own best friend. Her subsequent attempts at romance soured. Oy.

Well, in her own time, maybe she'll find a more comfortable platform out there in streaming a la Judge Judy. I doubt we'll ever see the likes of the big splashy WWS again, but I actually thought broadcasting from her living room worked for her. It was just her speed, eating her deli food, no bells and whistles, just intimate chat reminiscent of her Bonus Hour back in her radio days. At any rate, I wish her health and happiness. 

• Members

Howard Bragman is now saying he doubts the source of that Instagram post and doubts it is Wendy herself: https://people.com/tv/wendy-williams-rep-questions-source-of-her-instagram-post-amid-fate-of-talk-show/

Debmar-Mercury was incredibly patient and if anyone in Wendy's camp think there's a potential lawsuit there, they don't know what they're talking about. She's breached her contract a million ways with this absence.

• 3 months later...