• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I watched the movie. It was a masterpiece of Lifetime movie tropes.

The actress playing Wendy really embodied a lot of her mannerisms - and the wig budget had to have been supplemented by Wendy’s own because they all looked great.

It was never boring - if anything it was too fast paced. Considering she produced it Wendy did not canonize herself as some saint.

I think it did a good job of showing why Wendy stayed in the marriage so long and what her true breaking point was and why it was the trigger it ended up being. 

• Members

Obviously Wendy was allowed to spin her own narrative, that is why it is a memoir and an interview, but not a documentary.  However, I feel like she glossed over much of her radio career.  Perhaps the Lifetime audience is not familiar with her radio stories, but most of the juice was left undisclosed.  She notes that she was fired from two NYC stations, but she did not mention her alleged off-air fight with Angie Martinez, or the dismissal of her sidekick Charlemagne (aka Charlemagne tha God). 

I also felt it was unwise for her to state that she was not an addict.  I get that she did not enter rehab or sober living by choice, and clearly she is not practicing recovery.  However, alcohol and cocaine probably played a role in her miscarriages, and she portrayed herself in the movie as abusing both substances.  She received so much support from her audience by admitting that she was living in a sober living house that to go back and correct the narrative at this point makes her seem more suspect, to me.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

First of all, it's nice to see Wendy present, smart and on point these days.

I can see both sides of this argument? Joseline wants more support as a black girl out there trying to create projects for herself. Wendy is defending her right to criticise because she wants some people to do better and raise their standards.

• 2 weeks later...