The Wendy Williams Thread

• Members

As much as I deplore gossip about a celebrity's health status, I am really sad for Wendy.  It was easy to see how much her television show meant to her and she must be really incapacitated to give it up for this long.  Given that she hosted in late summer without any noticeable cognitive difficulties,  her decline in health must have been precipitous.

That being said, I do not enjoy either Sherri Shepard (who tries to make Hot Topics into a joke-filled scripted late-night-type monologue) or Leah Remini (who seems to be only vaguely familiar with the topics she discusses) as substitutes.  To me, they both demonstrate how hard that job can be.  

However, given the relative success of Kelly Clarkson, (and to a lesser degree Tamron Hall and Nick Cannon), I wonder if the next wave of talkshows will be headed by an individual or if the panel discussion format is played out for the moment?

Edited by j swift

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I didn't know anything about Wendy's absence until I was just reading through these threads.  But I think they did paid audiences for The Revolution and maybe even The Chew.  I know they did the Revolution because similar - free $50 or $75 to sit there, a friend did it.  I remember hearing that at the end they did for The Chew also.  

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Still no return date set ?!?

I continue to be puzzled about her rapid decline from late summer when she last hosted the show to the fall start date that she did not show up for (apparently at the last minute).  Wendy has always been a bit scattered, but she held court for Hot Topics alone on stage for at least 20 minutes an episode.  So, it alarming that 4-6 weeks later she was no longer able to do so, and now four months later there has been no word on if she will ever be able to host again.

• Members

It is an ironic, but typical, NY Post headline because the it leads you to believe there are a lot of truths, and then the manager makes a statement at the end that there are no truths.

I tend to believe she is debilitated, and it is very sad, whether or not you agree with her, she was always entertaining and social, and yet she seems very alone during this struggle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Wendy has instructed lawyers to petition Wells Fargo to unfreeze a bank account containing several million dollars that the bank froze after reaching agreement with Wendy in November that Wells Fargo could freeze assets if it suspected dementia or financial exploitation: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/wendy-williams-asks-judge-unfreeze-171738233.html