March 14-18, 2011

Toups

• Members

Yeah, interesting obervation quartermainfan. One thing I also noticed. Kish story was announced/started in June 2009 2,531,864 total 766,500 w18-19, fired in March 2010 2,395,266 total 716,400 w18-49 and it's now, March 2011 2,374,500 total 568,333 w19-19. So they've stayed about the same in total viewers, but noticably lower in demos. Not saying that demo drop is only because Kish left,might not even be the main reason, but they certainly haven't risen since they left and that's supposedly why they fired them to begin with, that they didn't resonate with the "mainstream audience". TeamEric's post shows that except for Dec 2009, during Kish's time on the show, the demos were stable in the 700k range, now it's dropped to the 600k range and this month 500k range far.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days has become awful. It is now the same thing for three years. Literally the same story starring the same three people--and they weren't that interesting three years ago. I don't know that being awful is what caused it's decline this year though. I have a feeling Days is going to take away from this that featuring over aged 50 actors and actresses was the kiss of death.

• Members

Days started telling interesting stories and the ratings stayed low. They had this complicated story with Victor, Stefano, Philip, Tony and dayplayer Morgan and her father but it was interesting. But nobody knows it is interesting if they're not watching. So then they came up with this story starring Sami, Nicole, and EJ and I guess that was promoted more or something because the show started a slow rise in ratings. Anyway, their story literally ended Christmas 2009. This is now March of 2011 and they refuse to get off the stage. So they just linger discussing the same kids, replaying the same conversations and even breaking up, rebreaking up, and setting it all right back to where it was in 2008/2009. It's a horror show.

• Members

not to mention

purple and pink paint

horrible casting (abby)

forgotten history (peter and jen, vivian left salem she had friends)

perhaps these horrible ratings will change things??? maybe the deidre hall and drake sighting at cordays office is a sign things are about to change..

• Members

when Vivian left salem she had made amends with Kate and Victor liked her as a friend she rescued him from the nursing home, Celeste, Susan,Ivan were her friends, Maybe its not pink paint but all the characters look pink in the face especially melanie( barf) You think Jen would mention to Abby about Peter when Jen learned that Chad was a Dimera....i for one enjoyed the 90s look where it was dark kinda like YR is right now and GH.

• Members

I used to watch ATWT but i can't get into OLTL even though i love Kim Zimmer. I am only watching Y&R now. I discovered a couple of months ago Coronation Street (UK) and watching that as well, having a bit of a hard time with the british accent but enjoying it because it has a key element that American soaps long time forgot: working class people, everyday people. On US soaps everyone and their mother is a millionaire or famous, in the YR they talk about half a billion dollars like it is small change, UK soaps (and latin american soaps as well) deal with real people, people who have 9 to 5 jobs, and i mean the 10 buck an hour, no glamour here, i mean factory jobs, real housewives who wear old jeans and a sweatshirt and clean toilets and bake and wash dishes, real people. people i can relate to (sorry, i can't relate to billionaires like Kay Chancellor, The Abbotts, Newmans, Sharon and company...all the key characters are millionaires or billionaires and those people represent less than 5% of the population in this country).

Archived