How would you save ALL MY CHILDREN?

• Members

More half naked guys (DAYS/OLTL).

More sex, and make it hot sex. Hey if OLTL can get away with it, AMC needs to f-Janet Jackson and the FCC and start trying it.

More surprises, more scandal, more action. I feel like characters just sit around talking on AMC. I feel like I'm hearing every conversation everybody has but nothing happens beyond characters talking. This is not damaging but it is boring. There's a way to do what Pratt and McTavish would do without damaging the show.

Kendall needs to get the bitter and jaded thing back and AMC needs to have fun with that. Sex and bitchiness! I'd hook up JR/Kendall in an Adam/Erica like marriage for a while just so we could have a Chandler/Kane Thanksgiving with a cameo by Adam Chandler/DC. Have them get married to do some necessary kind of business transaction. They'll have affairs on the side and snark a lot with their occasional sentimental moment.

Madison almost blackmailed Greenlee the other day and that's the most excited I'd been about Madison in a long time. Let this reformed killer and manipulator be manipulative.

AMC used to be full of these bad girls who weren't really all that bad but were fun. Bring them back!

Let Greenlee and Scott have a hot affair after their secrets come out. They love Ryan, Madison respectively but they find they have a sexual attraction they can't deny.

I don't know if I could see the show doing E vs. K again but they could do E/K vs. G/Mary! Or have Kendall go to Tempo and bring in Brooke for an arc. Have Erica and Greenlee go at it over Fusion which has been renamed Enchantment. Erica v. Greenlee with Kendall in the middle is where the alpha females dynamic was best.

Do a Liza/David/Krystal/Tad/Erica/Jack sextet. I'd have Caleb be single or get rid of him. Not every pairing in that sextet has chemistry but a lot do.

Bring Petey back and do that coming out story.

Marissa/Bianca and a woman from Bianca's past in a triangle. I'd go with Lena.

Throw in an addiction and an illness for family drama here and there.

Indeed, Luner makes a more believable Skye than Liza.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who in their right mind would want to watch two legacy characters like Bianca and JR fight over Marissa of all people?

Marissa is not interesting or popular enough to be at the centre of a love triangle, not to mention the fact that it would further destroy JR.

That's a much better triangle; Marissa/Bianca and a recast Maggie or Reese.

I would get rid of Ryan, I don't hate him as much as most but I think Ryan leaving is necessary.

Greenlee, Kendall and Amanda needs to go back to basics, none of this heroine crap, leave that to Cara, Madison and Bianca.

Get rid of the P&G element of AMC. I loved those soaps but this is AMC and I want to watch AMC which means more comedy, more drama and less people sitting around drinking coffee and talking about how good they are...it's boring.

+1

• Members

This. AMC feels like a P&G soap under these P&G writers. I don't think that's the most awful way to write AMC but it's not AMC or ABCD's speed.

I'd make Ryan more like Cameron, or Kelly Ripa in her last days. Make him a backburned TV personaility. Bring back the TV station. Backburn him until the audience likes him and maybe wants to see him again.

Definitely on the girls, you're losing a lot of power, sex, sass and FUN drama having Kendall, Greenlee, and Amanda on the gears they're currently on. AMC doesn't need 3 good girls, so bring on Madison to the naughty side too. Bianca, Cara and Marissa can represent the goody two shoes, with the potential for Cara to go naughty.

• Members

Bring back the comedy. AMC used to be fun with lots of humor spliced in between the drama. Everyone seems so serious these days. Even Opal (who used to be a joke) isnt fun anymore. The last bit of fun the show had left with Annie. All we have left for humor is what RPG interprets as funny with his adlibbing

• Members

Erica is high on her Kendall love these days. The only way I could see her turning on her is if she slept with her man bc Erica does not take competition well.

Oh another thing Id do is bring back Janet full time in the form of Robin Mattson.

• Members

I'd find an EP that could stay within a budget and now that NYC has reinstated the tax break, I'd see if they can qualify as new production if they moved the show back there. (J/K..sort of) If that didn't work, move the show to Vancouver or Baltimore. More importantly, I'd adopt the telenovela model and triple the promotion.

As for the content, I'd CRUSH the ABC formula of alpha males and their concubines. No more Rylee/Zendall. it would be Hubbards, Cudahy-Fryes, Castillos/Santoses and Kane-Martin-Montgomerys. Goodbye Ryan, hello Frankie. Goodbye Greenlee, hello Natalia.

Welcome back Tim, Reggie, Lily, Mia, Dimitri, Alex/Anna.

More and different businesses: phase out Fusion, ramp up Cortlandt Electronics, Chandler Enterprises and a new media company. Enough spaghetti strapped whores clickety clacking across the screen while they talk about lipstick.

• Members

I'd love to see Anna/David again.

Jamie as Skye would have been a good choice, mostly because there was little story potential in Liza's return.

It seems like Robin Christopher will not return, and I have never cared all that much for her anyway (although I've never seen her on AMC). I would take Carrie Genzel again.

I prefer Kendall/Erica when they aren't enemies but seeing some tension there is long overdue.

• Members

Granted, I'm bias, but I've never understood why these two don't interact more often. I mean, I've even seen AMC go to great lengths to keep them from interacting. ie. he almost killed her last year, and after she was back, they shared three scenes (only one about the crash) in 9 months. That makes absolutely no sense to me. Clearly the show knows they have chemistry. Pratt had them interacting within a week of David's return. He wrote them and that charity dance, their amazing scenes after Josh's death, the "I can't stay angry with you", their dance at the danceathon. LB jumped all over them as soon as she had the pen. K&S let them play a little in Jan and Feb, and seem to know that there's still "something" dynamic and entertaining about them.

Susan and Vincent adore each other. Love working together, and KNOW they work well together. They have an acute understanding of the David/Erica dynamic, and every scene they share together you know there is some seriously complicated history between the two of them, even if you don't know what it is. I've heard tale of them changing/adding things when they feel a D&E scene isn't in character. (I'd be willing to bet that one of them added the basement reference in Jan) They really relish the chance to play their scenes together, and should be allowed to do so.

The romantic ship for them sailed a long time ago, but their chemistry is so dynamic, that there's always this thing they have. Where you wouldn't be surprised if they jumped all over each other and had sex. That's the kind of thing soaps used to play with. Even if it's not romantic, knowing to people have that kind of chemistry, would have the show all over them.

*sigh*

I could definitely get behind this. As long as the results weren't the obvious. No Tad/Krystal, J&E, Liza/David. It would need to be mixed up at least a little.

• Members

Okay a few random thoughts that may or may not make sense

1. Some how have Ryan on the backburner for a while. He can be a talk-to person like Nubinks has been for the last year but he needs some time off

2. Greenlee gets bored of her life with Ryan over time and she comes to the conclusion that she is not the kind of person that Ryan wants her to be. She is also bored with her work so she sells her half of Fusion to JR (shocking everyone else at Fusion)

3. At this point JR and Kendell get to know each other again as NuFusion is moved into the main Chandler building with new more "professional" people working under Kendell. Also JR shuts down ConFusion because it sucks ass.

4. Petey comes back (this time dressing more like a modern day kind of geeky guy instead of some revenge of the nerds outfit) and becomes close friends with Randi who will need a friend when.

5. We find out that Frankie and Madison really did sleep together on the night that David faked his death and they have feelings for each other.

6. I guess they might as well go with Minks for now. I would have David be a supporter of Minks and he will try to do anything he can to get back into Both Binks and Marrissa's lives again.

7. Calib goes back to the mountains or something and Erica is running Cortland by herself and taking the fight to Chandler the same place where Kendell now works.

8. I would make sure that characters like David and JR are not just "villains" but people who care about certain other people and don't go around drugging them.

• Members

Glad I'm not the only that remembered this.

The only person on canvas I can see Greenlee having an affair with and making fans go ;) is JR. B/c then Ryan can go against Scott for Madison and that's actually something that would be fun to watch.

Greenlee being a wreck after finding out she's not married to Ryan, Emma continues to hate her and etc. and bb reveal of her knowing, JR pissed at the world , he lost Annie etc. and Marissa is going gay (b/c you know they'll dangle that) and right there JR/GreenBitch have an ONS. Ryass talking to Madison, she convinces him to give GreenBitch another chance and that's another secret she carries. While this goes on JR/Amanda bond, b/c this won't be rushed, Cara and Jake get closer, JR/Amanda get closer..what I'm building is a base for a summer of Amanda Dillon vs GreenBitch Lavery Smythe for JR, loser is Scott's rebound. Since Amanda is younger they can do the GreenBitch is cocky angle and Amanda just turns protective of JR b/c he'll be there for her. Remember these 2 characters grew up together.

Scott isn't the type to do affairs, I know they did but it doesn't come off well with him, he's the type that saves you when he can. So if JR/Greenlee Scott gets protective of her all while he's w/ Madison.

• Members

I was thinking it would be cool if Chandler and Cortland were were given more airtime with Greenlee and Kendell working Under JR feuding with Erica and maybe someone else (not mountain man) at Cortland. The problem is Cambias. Nobody really cares about Cambias so I think it should merge with Chandler or Cortland maybe.

Archived