How would you save ALL MY CHILDREN?

• Members

Bing your comment gave me an idea so I wanted to throw it out there because we have a lot of creative and intelligent people out there. Given this past Friday was the last episode you watched, how would you save ALL MY CHILDREN? And please don't respond with "Fire Frons" for the moment, I am just curious as to what people would do with the show. Who would they keep, who would they bring back, who would be released to make Pine Valley the show it once was or closer to being again.

Erik

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would bring in writers who would get back to the more character-driven stuff and social issues AMC has been known for in the past. I would also fire JHC. It's been said she is not good with the budget and that is one thing hanging over AMC's head.

• Members

I think more character interaction, and less focus on favorites would on it's own do a lot of good. The last week there was a lot more cast interrogation than there usually is, I like that. I hate when characters spin in the same circle of people for months at a time. It gets stale. It's the same thing over and over again. Ie. David with Rylee, Erica/Jack/Caleb/KWAK

I'd scrap all couples that are together now, and start over. Jack and Erica don't work, but neither do Erica/Caleb. But I think Jack/Krystal, if the babyswap was addressed could have potential. Scott and Madison are really good together, so if they let that develop and NOT attached them to Rylee. I'd let Rylee implode, just completely fall apart. Let them go their separate ways. Ryan and Liza maybe? Greenlee/Kendall and JR? Caleb and Opal? An Erica/David tease? Just really shake it up. See who lands where, what the audience responds too.

I love the idea of the JR/Marissa/Bianca tri, but I like Bianca/Marissa more. I know people don't think she's gay, but we've only seen her with two men. And lots of people live a straight life until they meet the someone of the same sex who they fall in love with. I think unting this family: Erica's daughter with David/Krystal's daughter (if I have to be stuck with Marissa) is brilliant. AJ and Miranda would be raised together (we all know they're destiny!), and Gabby would be raised with them. Christmas's, TG's, ah, the fireworks that would fly.

Plus, this could rebuild a few relationships and open a ton of old wounds. Bianca and David would have to interact, I'd kill for a David/Miranda scene. Remember that history. Erica wouldn't be all that fond of the Babe's twin with her daughter, and if Jack/Krystal were together...LORD.

I think really focusing on these characters, their past, their histories, their relationships to more than just a few on the canvas. They could do this fast with some kind of crisis/explosion/fire/hostage scene...something that forces the whole cast to be together, and people who don't usually interact or have complicated histories to interact.

I don't think AMC is as broken as people think it is, after all I've seen more of the old AMC in the last year than I had in the 5 years since Josh. With a little focus, a little attention to characters, relationships and histories, a few almost campy dramatic moments, and some storylines told with lots of continuity...and the show could find it's way rather easily, IMO.

• Members

Break up Ryan & Greenlee immediately. Greenlee will get bored of him & want to move on...after the break up Greenlee will be fun again and her main focus would be Fusion & being single/dating along w/Kendall. Leo would make a comeback at some point (if not Josh Duhamel, there are tons of other guys who would fit right in the role. Mark Collier, Greg Vaughan, maybe even Bryan Dattilo..) and Greenlee would be engrossed with him again.

Ryan would be sad about the break up for awhile but he'd get over it to and his main focus would be more on Cambias Industries and his litter of kids. I would age Spike and have him show interest in working for the company some day. Emma would be aged to and she'd start acting out and resenting what happened to her mother. Ryan will be forced to deal with that alone as a parent since Annie's at Oakhaven. Down the road Ryan could find someone new in his life but for the time being he's just over women & he'll be a lone, rich bachelor

Erica's love life would not be explored anymore, she belongs with Jackson & that's it. Caleb will go into a deep depression and head back to the mountains after Asher falls off some stairs again and dies (thanks to Colby who was mad at him for cheating on him w/ the Chandler maid and pushed him by accident during a fierce argument upstairs). I'd bring Damon back from LA for Colby.

Back to Erica, her & Jackson would remarry and then I'd make her the center of the show and focus it more around her & her daughters. IMO Erica's storylines should be more about business or family issues. I also think it would be so fitting for Erica if she had some type of reality show. I'd also want to showcase the more emotional side of Susan's acting, maybe one day all the pressures of her life could bring back some demons from her past and drive her to drink or take pills again.

I'd create a whole new love interest for Bianca & let things happen naturally and realistically. Her new love will not be secretly straight, or bi, or bicurious or anything like that. Erica would have a hard time accepting the new women in Bianca's life

Kendall/JR would interact again, rebuild their friendship and try to get it back to what it used to be. I'd go back to the times when they had "benefits" and that was it...;-) the occasional roll in the sack but no emotions felt afterwards.

That's just some of the main things I'd do

• Members

I have thought of some kind of big fire/explosion, and the first place I thought about was Fusion/ConFusion.....LOL. Even though I love it, that would be the perfect place. Maybe it could happen during one of those bazillion fundraising events like you mentioned, that they always seem to have. LOL

I hate the idea of Fusion ending for good though because where will Kendall/Greenlee, etc, go after that to work?

• Members

I agree with you there. The character is almost an old joke with the continuous list of lovers. You think she would have found happiness yet and I have always believed that Jackson was the man for her. Though so could Caleb as both men take her to task.

I am loving the specifics you guys are tossing out there. These are beautiful, I would definately start watching again if these changes were implemented.

• Members

Bring back Greg Nelson. Have him return with a wild teenage daughter, one he adopted, who will have a good heart but cause some problems. If Natalie Ross is still healthy enough to act, bring back Enid to interfere.

Have a David/Liza/Greg triangle. Complicate this by taking Marian out of the institution.

Bring back Tim Dillon as living hand to mouth as he's spent years just trying to get away from his family. His return brings out Amanda's insecurities.

Bring back Mark and recast Trey.

Kill Ryan - he tries to play hero for Greenlee and is gunned down. Greenlee is in a coma for who knows how long and Mary Smythe returns to take her share of Fusion. She also fights for Jack.

Kill off Marissa and have a grief-stricken Krystal leave town.

Bring back Tom, Livia, and Jamal and have them in a friendly but fraught relationship with the Hubbards. Have Livia and Angie on opposite sides in a malpractice issue at the hospital. When Randi leaves town, Jamal and Frankie argue over the same woman, but Jamal wants Frankie too. Frankie rejects him and this only adds to the complications.

Get rid of Griffin.

Bring back Tara Martin with a terminal illness to help remind viewers of early Martin family history. Kelsey and her younger son (didn't she have one?) move to Pine Valley. When Tara dies she leaves behind a clue to a mystery.

Pair JR and Kendall for good. Make them a volatile couple with huge control issues. JR buys WRCW and becomes a quasi-messianic cult figure on TV.

Archived