OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 28

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But that's how all of John's relationships go.

They're popular for 6 months then it's all downhill from there.

Blair, Marty, Nat & Saint Evangeline couldn't get John to grow so Kelly won't be any different.

With the way OLTL hates Heroes?

They wouldn't stand a chance.

• Members

The guy was killed in an auto accident! I looked it up! He was driving in the Yukon, in a pink convertible to visit his brother who's an ex con named Frances when a tractor trailer comes along and decapitates him. You know what that means it means he doesn't have a head. How am I suppose to write for a guy who doesn't have a head? He's got no lips, no vocal cords. What do you want me to do?

• Members

Two words: Jesse Hubbard. :lol:

Honestly, I'm fine with Evangeline being gone, not the bullshit that ABC pulled that led up to it mind you, - I'll no more forgive the network for that than I'll forgive Denny's for refusing to serve black Secret Service agents - but it is what it is. But let's not pretend that death on soaps means anything anymore. IMO John, Kelly, Evangeline, Kevin, RJ, Skye could make for some pretty good soap. Unfortunately, ABC has issues with the actors who played four of those characters so enjoy your Grand Slam.

• Members

Obviously, I'm a GT fan too, and the shade being thrown her way doesn't bother me because I knew it was going to happen (plus I don't have much investment in this show or the character of Kelly). I maintain my position that returning to OLTL was probably the worst career move she could have made. I completey understand why she did (steady paycheck on the East Coast), however, that doesn't change my opinion. She doesn't fit on this show. Kelly isn't, nor has she ever been, well-written and ABC soaps are so couple-dependent, it's just an odd fit. They want her to fit into the Natalie, Jessica, Greenlee (AMC), Kendall (AMC), Sam (GH), and Liz (GH) mold (basically a male appendage, lets be honest) and that does not and won't work at all. I don't like or dislike Terri Conn, but I think she's a better fit for OLTL and ABCD.

I've come to terms with her needing to collect a paycheck and staying on this show for a while, as long as she continues to pursue outside work (like that indie with TSJ). Hell, she's getting better material and doing better work on Venice. If the rumors are true though that she's been booking outside work like Royal Pains on USA and OLTL is preventing her from doing it, that would suck.

I could do without ME and REG really, but Gina working with Dan, Timothy, and Robin? That would be great! Unfortunately, that won't happen ever.

• Members

Please tell me that's not true. I thought that outs for other projects was part of the deal when she came back.

I agree with the rest of your assessment. ABC does alpha males and concubines and GT doesn't really fit that mold but maybe she'll be the one to break it.

LOL! Just kidding! Cash the check Gina!

Archived