OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 28

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is, these stories seem to have no logical/sensible direction. I quit watching the show in the spring of last year and came back at the end of 2010, I think I'm going back to not watching again. PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT with no real motivation or POV is boring to me.

Also, Jerry VerDorn/Clint seriously needs to be on everyday. He's the one bright spot.

• Members

I LOVE that they had Kelly sleep with John. This new feud with Natalie is pretty good television. The only weak link is Joey. Seriously, can they write him out of the story and focus on those 3 instead?

Starr and James are official FF material. Unless they are in scenes with adults, I refuse to watch them

Tess: "Jessica is happy in her cage" LMAO. Tess was so good with Brody today

• Members

John between 2 women AGAIN is most certainly not good television. I could see why men would like it, but I'm disgusted by John and by Kelly. Natalie, I love, but I need her to forget John and concentrate on anything else. He's not worth it. And Kelly allowing him to use her is pathetic.

• Members

Kelly is embarrassing. She is also her usual faux-martyr self, in that she claims she wants him to be with his family yet she hops into bed with him.

The story hinges on women being foolish and Joey serving to remind us what a manly man John is. Yet none of it works IMO because the main character is just vacant.

• Members

She has sex with John, then she acts like she wants him to be with Natalie, then she has sex with him again. Meanwhile, she continues to act like Joey personally assaulted her, when he did nothing to her.

Kelly always has time for her own pain but little time for anyone else's, other than trying to look like a wonderful person. If she would drop the act she'd be less pathetic.

It would help if they didn't look like they were having sex at gunpoint.

• Members

I really like Kelly and John. I love the fact that they finally seem to be "Deconstructing John McBain" even if it's for the sole purpose of propping the Red Menace. I loved how Kelly mentioned Ace when helping John pack up Liam's stuff. That was a great way to integrate GT's and HT's versions of Kelly. Admittedly, I'm a GT fan so I've hated to see all the shade that's been thrown her way since returning to OLTL. It looks to me like this storyline has helped the character find its place.

This was the first time I've seen NuJoey and all I can say is that I feel sorry for the actor because he was given lousy material. If the show were smart they'd keep Natalie and Joey in junior varsity where they belong with Gigi, Cris and Rex. They could bring back Kevin, Evangeline, RJ and Skye (assuming AMC is canceled) for one hell of a sexy sextet.

John/Kelly reminds me of AMC's Ryadison. They're a pairing that are supposed to be a speedbump on the way to the OTP of Rylee/Jolie but that so-called speedbump has a lot to offer.

Archived