OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 28

• Members

I don't like this Cutter and Dorian stuff. He's being way too bold and Dorian is being begrudgingly charmed which I hate. Joey continues to be an unrecognizble idiot. It's like he fell and bumped his head. I was more interested in what Phyllis had to say about Cord and was mad that skank Aubrey cut off the TV. :lol:

Doesn't Matthew kind of physically resemble Clint when you look closely?

Uh oh, Joey knows Eddie?

Take a good unobjective look at Tess. If you saw her at the airport wouldn't you be like, "Who the [!@#$%^&*] does this heifer think SHE is? :huh: " :lol:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Natalie was thrown under the bus the minute she slept with her mentally ill sister's (ex) boyfriend. Then the bus backed up over her when she found out that she was pregnant and didn't tell John the truth about the baby's paternity. Multiple treadmarks appeared over Natalie's back as she continued to lie. IMO the worst was when they made her so stupid that she believed that Marty would keep her secret. The writing threw Natalie under the bus, and it was entirely to make John sympathetic when he turned on her and immediately slept with Kelly. Natalie has no leg to stand on, and Viki hasn't given Natalie a pass. She expressed anger over Natalie's behavior when she was telling Charlie about what happened, but she just didn't kick her while she was down. Viki also justifiably called out Kelly on her questionable behavior. Even if you think Kelly and John are free agents, adults, who are not cheating or doing anything wrong -- Kelly has been a part of the Buchanan family for a long time, and her sleeping with Natalie's fiance (in Kelly's words) on what would have been Natalie's wedding night is pretty low for a family member. Just as Natalie was wrong to sleep with Brody.

Kelly's entire history is being glossed over to make her more sympathetic than Natalie.

And yes, Marty is also definitely going under the bus. And it is going to get much worse.

• Members

Dear Diary, things I never thought I'd say today: "My son is rotting in a Morroccan prison."

Everybody is so messed up and deceitful and looking out for number one, I can't even bring myself to be mad at Rex right now. I'm more impressed that the writers finagled both him and David into the Buchanan fold as we always assumed they would.

I hope Matthew's little hints he's throwing are a red herring.

LOL at Asa at the end. Ha, is there a hidden camera in the picture frame too? :P

• Members

rhino, Kelly, like Natalie, had drunken heartache as an "excuse". But Kelly didn't have the burden of keeping a dirty secret as the truth was out the very next morning. For all intents and purposes, John's relationship with Natalie seemed OVER-over after finding out that she slept with her mentally ill sister's husband and lied about her baby being John's, and John and Kelly getting [!@#$%^&*] -faced sure didn't help matters. Kelly may be a former in-law, but blood is still thicker than water. She did dirty by playing Joey/Kevin/Duke in the past, and really, that would have been enough to have cut her out of the picture a couple years back. To me, sleeping with John after a crazy night of drinking pales in comparison to her history with that family.

• Members

Careful Bo. That speech about David running off and not being family is starting to sound a lot like Clint...who sounds a lot like Asa these days!!!!

Enjoyed the Matthew/Nora scenes today. Hope Matthews place in this story is only a red herring and not something else.

Is something wrong with Dorian/Robin Strasser??? She is just not her self as of late, both in look and character.

• Members

Is the hotline back up?? But yeah, I've felt that her Dorian's been off for a *while* now sadly. She's gotten better with some of the more recent Echo and Viki stuff. RS was saying almost 2/3 years ago how she never watches herself and caught a bit of herself on screen and felt like she was letting the fans down by not giving it her all. I think she was great just the way she was and has now ended up overcompensating and overselling Dorian, which unfortunately includes some of the more annoying aspects of the character's writing these days. A couple months back, it looked like she'd lost weight and her voice sounded tired, but she's been looking well as of late. I hope everything's okay!

• Members

Don't forget poor, dead Drew. Everybody forgets her instalove with Drew! Honestly, I love Kelly (or more accurately I love GT because I had no use for HT's Kelly) but Miss Thang's gone through that family like the flu at a day care center. LOL!

• Members

Oh. I totally agree. Compared to the rest of Kelly's sins? This is nothing. But the rest of Kelly's history is ignored. I guess if you want to say Natalie sleeping with Brody when they believed John and Jess were through with them is marginally worse than Kelly sleeping with John when she seems to believe that he still loves Natalie and Liam and that he can still work things out at some point, that's a good argument. I don't see them as all that different but it's just me.

Again -- she is the most propped character ever. So complaints that Natalie is being propped just kind of make me laugh. Natalie is paying for her sins. Just because she wasn't ostracized from the family and left wandering in the snow barefoot, dressed in rags with her baby in her arms doesn't mean she isn't paying. I haven't seen anyone give Natalie a pass. They've all said she made a bad decision but they understand that she wasn't trying to hurt anyone. That's an accurate representation of what Natalie did.

Kelly's ultimate prop came when, after the frocking in the rectory and the tornado, Kevin was forced to choose who would receive treatment, Kelly or Duke, and chose Kelly. So Kelly shows up weeping and in a wheelchair at Duke's funeral, and griefstricken Kevin justifiably goes off on her, and everybody rallies around Kelly. So Kelly is alive today because Viki's grandson is dead, and yet Viki treats her like a long lost daughter.

Archived