ABC Daytime to Make Major Lineup Decisions in Coming Weeks

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Geez, this thread is rife with agenda-fueled posts. People are already speculating where Lucci et al will wind up after the inevitable cancellation announcement this week LOL. I'm not sure why one show would go before the other right now, since their HHs and 18-34s are identical, with one show barely above the other in the 18-49s. I think ABC has demonstrated that it has faith in its all its soaps, and I really think they're safe for the immediate future. I'm not in denial, just looking at the reality of the situation and ABC's history of commitment to its shows--for good or for bad. Even if the DC story has elements of truth, it is probably about the Oprah time slot.

• Members

OLTL is already packed with marginally talented Fronsian ingenues like BW, MA, FF, TC and KA. Also, once AMC is canceled (assuming it is) Frons loses power because now he's overseen the loss of a tentpole of ABCD as well as SoapNet. His little kingdom is on shakier ground.

As for Budig, there are a lot of actors who've made the mistake of always coming back to soaps because it's their comfort zone: Michael E. Knight, Jack Wagner, David Fumero, Vanessa Marcil, Roger Howarth...they know they can always come home to Mom's basement after they've spent all the money they made working at Six Flags over the summer. But in the end it destroys the rest of their career. It's the ones who leave and mean it that do well for themselves: Jessica Tuck, Nathan Fillion, Michelle Forbes, Sherri Saum, Tika Sumpter, Cynthia Watros...I could go on.

• Members

You know what. Which ever soap gets canceled whether it be AMC or OLTL, the other one will go RIGHT AFTER. Period.

If OLTL gets canceled AMC will be gone within the next 6 months.

Honestly if we go by creativity GH would be gone first but we all know that ain't happening. IMO Regardless of the decisions the hire ups have made Daytime as a WHOLE has sunk. Not because one Soap sucks but Daytime as a WHOLE!

Honestly AMC in my area goes against a MUCH tougher competition with AMC at 1-2, Y&R at 12:30-1:30, B&B at 1:30-2, and DAYS 1-2. AMC has a much tougher competition at that time. Maybe ABC will decide to move each soap an hour? AMC at 2, OLTL at 3, GH at 4?

You know what everyone is so damn negative and I am tired of that. Whether it be OLTL or AMC, EVERY soap sucks and no one is going to last past 2015. Period.

But it really saddens me to see how Brian Frons had SO MANY chances with fixing EACH ABC Soap and he didn't get the job done. Period.

• Members

I think she would end up at GH.

Rebecca Budig has had many primetime opportunities and avenues outside of AMC. She worked with the WWF, she had a show on Style, she did Bachelor-related shows and had promotion with that pig from the Bachelor she was married to, she has had primetime reality shows in major timeslots, etc. I think she just isn't charismatic or talented enough to be able to make it.

I think that people can balance soap work and going to primetime - Jessica Tuck did a stint on Sunset Beach right before she got Judging Amy, for instance. Vanessa Marcil went to primetime and film during and after her GH runs. It just takes determination and talent. If Budig hasn't made it when she has had so many chances, IMO daytime is the least of the reasons why.

Archived