ABC Daytime to Make Major Lineup Decisions in Coming Weeks

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't want either show to go. But at this point if there is any justice it should be AMC. However, I suspect we may be all out of justice since the Rebecca Herbst reversal (is the name of a cover band coming to a borough near you). ABC worships "the brand" and has always prioritized anything over OLTL.

• Members

I knew the California move wouldn't help. It smacked of desperation to avoid looking at the numbers and the bottom line and finding AMC wanting. But this is corporate thinking still in effect, and they can continue on in denial simply by canceling OLTL instead.

• Members

I still think it's pretty cocky for people to think OLTL is without a doubt safe. Dunno. If it was a year ago, they had a lot of their own issues.

I don't want it to be AMC, but it likely could be. That doesn't mean I'm ready to throw in the towel for either one yet.

If we go by what AMC values most, the brand name: It'll be OLTL that gets the axe. I guess we'll see.

• Members

I hated the move. It was bad for NYC and I haven't liked the look of the show since.

It's still amazing to me that ABC would consider cancellation but not FIRING the people who drove the daytime division into the ground. It's like having someone set your house on fire, saving your cat from the burning building then when you say "Why did you set my house on fire?!!" They say, "Here's a free can of Fancy Feast!"

• Members

I think they're stupid enough to value "the brand" over the bottom line, even now. I don't think Frons's ego will allow him to admit a show starring Rebecca Budig and Cameron Mathison could fail.

Yes, OLTL is beating AMC and is under budget. It should be the show to survive but historically the record goes against any consideration for the black sheep. I know intellectually what should be happening here, and we have heard for at least a year that AMC is on the precipice. But perhaps just for peace of mind, I have to psych myself out in the opposing direction. I cannot assume OLTL is safe.

Archived