ABC Daytime to Make Major Lineup Decisions in Coming Weeks

• Members

Canceling any of them for another cheap trashy talk show is a slap in the face too.

Are they that fu king stupid to see that they should just fix the issue by throwing Brian Frons out on his big fat ass and retooling the shows. Not alienating an entire audience of a genre by axing one of the shows. :mad:

Sure, AMC sucks at the moment. But, couldn't they bring in a decent writer and save it? It was doing well with LB. They just should have kept her and not hired the 'show killers' Donna and David cause God knows that's what the bleep they are.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pretty much.... a few years ago the possibility that AMC could be canceled would have me quite upset.... I mean it will be an official end to an era and I will remember the fond times.... but the show in its current state is nothing to miss, and every soap is at that point.

• Members

The Talk considering its bare bones production budget probably is making a hella lot more money than an hour soap would, even if the numbers are lower. This is why there is such a push to replace the soaps with this format.

• Members

I tend to agree with Adam, but I wonder what the official numbers are on the whole lead-in phenom. That's never really been my viewing experience or that of the soap viewers I know. We know when our shows come on and we tune in accordingly, we have no trouble flipping the channel before or immediately after. I say that as an established soap viewer. I have no concrete evidence to back this up, but I'm of the mind that new soap fans aren't being born, really. If you are under twenty and have no decades' worth of investment in a show, it'll be easier to let go and find other entertainment, especially if you are a teen with cable. Kids aren't home from school when AMC is on anyway, at most, they catch the last half of OLTL as their lead-in if they are GH fans. No high schooler is watching Y&R or B&B in real time, they aren't home. In my little humble opinion, it's about how to best deal with the fans you have now, us birds in the hand. And at the end of the day, scheduling is the least of our concerns, your more likely to lose our viewership or at very least our give-a-damn-edness by continuing to write subpar material.

• Members

But The Talk is cheap as hell to produce. It's not filled with a large ensemble cast, a crew of hundreds, multiple sets, and isn't produced for the full 12 months out of the year.

Daytime soaps are no longer profitable in their current state. Plain and simple. Networks aren't going to pour more money into something that isn't making them any money. A low rated show that is cheap to produce looks a lot more enticing to them than a daily scripted soap.

• Members

Yeah, and that's sad. Because, they care more about themselves instead of the audiences who watch.

That's basically the way every TV channel is here lately. No wonder it's a dying form of media and more people are using Youtube, Hulu, and Netflix rather than paying for Satellite or Cable.

It's not even just daytime tv. Primetime shows are terrible here lately too. Everything is boring and poorly written. Well, besides a few shows.

Archived