ABC Daytime to Make Major Lineup Decisions in Coming Weeks

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So you are saying if OLTL goes, AMC's ratings will drop because it (OLTL) was canceled? Um their numbers will keep dropping probably at the same rate they (and all the other soaps are now). Southofnowhere brings up a good point, presumably if AMC were to be canceled (the lead-off in the daytime bloc) the OLTL's numbers would be more adversely affected than if it was the other way around. I don't think OLTL's cancellation would have any effect on AMC, it would actually be more likely to effect GH.

When it comes right down to it, if people could put their inherent biases aside they'd see why from a business point of view, canceling OLTL is the most plausible, and sorry to say likely option if what daytime confidential is reporting is true. I, at this point, think it would be wise for ABC just to cut the entire block completely. By canceling one now (whether its AMC or OLTL), they are just delaying the inevitable. All three shows IMO are creatively speaking, sh*t, and have been for quite sometime.

• Members

The 3 ABC soaps should be able to do fine on their own since they have been on the air for over 40 years.

FV has been a part of OLTL for over 25 years and RC about 15 years I think. I dont see them just going to another soap. Cancelling OLTL would just be a slap in the face.

Archived