ABC Daytime to Make Major Lineup Decisions in Coming Weeks

• Members

^That piece calls her out by name. So someone thinks she's screwing up. I just...it cannot fathom how it would make sense to anyone to cancel rather than fire her. It's absurd. And if that's what ABCD then it's their own faults, and I give the rest of their shows 2-3 years, max.

A pair of good HW's who are allowed to write (I know, I know) a new EP, COULD save AMC. I believe that.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ABC owns its shows and I am sure they set aside a yearly "budget" for each show, but the bloc is one entity. The over budget productions will just be taking more money from the pot as a whole. I think OLTL is probably the only one self-sustaining. I can totally see them cancelling OLTL just to have more money to apply to the bloated budgets of GH and AMC. Is that fair? No of course not, but it makes the most practical sense from a business point of view, 0.1 differences in ratings and a few thousand viewers here and there aside.... GH and AMC still are a much more marketable brand than OLTL is or ever was. But, alas.... once one goes and is replaced with a successful talk show or what have you, it won't take much longer for the other two to be shelved as well. 0.1 differences in ratings and a few thousand viewers here and there aside....

• Members

It's losing to OLTL by like what, .1 or something? And OLTL hasn't always beat it. I don't remember reading about the ratings as the centerpiece of the article. It was the budget that seems to be the problem. I think AMC is still more marketable despite the ratings. When was the last time you saw ABCD try to market OLTL outside of the Daytime bloc?

Guess we'll see.

OLTL live fans are going to say it's AMC and vise versa. I'm taking a stance that I'm not convinced it's either one. But if it, I'm sitting in the oLTL camp. We'll find out soon enough.

• Members

I hope it's not OLTL. Seriously. Even though having no AMC is so depressing. I've been watching OLTL a little longer and have more of an attachment to the cast as a whole. AMC, I only watch for a handful of actors/characters.

But, I'm still losing my s**t right now over this all together. And, the fact that if AMC is canceled. MEK will no longer be on my tv screen almost everyday.

Hold me closer. Tony Danza. I'm crying.

I knew there was a reason I slept until 6pm today. :(

• Members

What I don't get is that these shows are badly run and no amount of money helps that. Why don't they ever get rid of the people who are doing a poor job running the shows?

It makes no practical sense from a business viewpoint to keep these shows the way they are, or to keep Frons.

Archived