ABC Daytime to Make Major Lineup Decisions in Coming Weeks

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IDK, he just looks bored, like he's all I was on 90210 now I'm on this show? SaG and BA :lol:

IDK, I'm guessing you're a Rick/Amber fan? That was a triangle. Amber/Rick/Kim, I liked him w/ Kim.:wub:

Y&R is the only U.S. soap dropping 4.0's in ratings. :lol: It depends on the character he'd play. They also want Debbie.

• Members

I've got no blinders. I just don't see in there where it says anything about any soap getting canceled. It's people filling in blanks, that maybe are/aren't the right ones. That's all.

Until last year, the idea that AMC was getting canceled would have made me happy. Yes I said. Now? Not so much. Doesn't mean I don't think it's still in big trouble. It is. I just don't know that I buy that something that didn't come from the network and isn't verified by anyone at ABCD, is gospel. When it's confirmed, then I'll start the death knell for which ever soap. Until then, who knows.

You certainly don't.

• Members

I wouldn't say The Talk is bare bones. The wife of the president of CBS is in charge and they have way too many hosts under salary. There can always be something cheaper in that timeslot.

If cheapness was all it took to keep a talk show on the air then there wouldn't be so much turnover - ABC and NBC have added and then dumped a ton of talk/morning/etc. shows over the years.

We are moving to a point where daytime will probably have no original programming whatsoever.

Y&R doesn't do stories for black people.

It doesn't matter what character he would play - their writing for everyone is terrible. They have done a horrible job with every AMC person who has come onto the show in the last few years. If it's about a paycheck then that's fine and I can understand that but if it's about quality, just look at what they give dead weight like Heather or Chloe or Billy or Ronan, all hyped names at AMC.

• Members

When was the last time you've actually watched it though? The writing on the show sucks and the characters do as well. It seems to be the dumping ground for AMC stars though. He'd just join the line of other stars chewing up the screen. The show is a mess despite being #1. It truly is the worst soap on the air

• Members

Budig has repeatedly failed outside of soaps, and come back even when she reportedly was unhappy with AMC. I will be surprised if she doesn't land somewhere else in daytime - unless Frons can get her on something like Armpit Farts with Zelebrities.

• Members

Family stories on Y&R involve Victor crushing his lice-infested brats under his foot.

Then every few months some other family has two minutes of hand-wringing because someone faked their death in a slow-mo homage to an "artistic" movie.

Next up - homage to Suspiria (Ashley walks through barbed wire as Zapato Jr chews up special guest star Shannon Tweed).

Archived