Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

We’re starting to get 1984 clips coming up as we speak. But watching the last of the 1983 ones, I’m surprised by how Paul & Lauren actually started - by Paul wanting to break up Lauren and Danny’s engagement so that Danny could go back to Patty (this was all before Traci’s pregnancy of course).

And now it makes sense why Patty hated Lauren so much during 1984. I wonder if that’s something the writers could bring back with Patty next time she comes on. Incidentally, I’m shocked by just how visceral Lauren’s hatred of Traci was back then. Everything Lauren did back then arose out of her dislike for Traci.

And you have most of these characters on screen even today - Lauren, Traci, Paul. Bring back Patty *and* Danny, and you would have dynamite for years. Michael Damian has stated on Twitter that he would love to come back to Y&R at some point, and this would be the perfect way to bring him back in.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Storyline-wise, I believe there was maybe some mention that Vanessa Prentiss had over-exaggerated how serious the surgery would be, because her "scarred face" was always her main tool for keeping Little Lance tied to her apron strings.    Production-wise, Conboy and Bell probably wanted to get Miss Stevens out of that veil, because in the 1970s she was still a recognizable movie star from the 1940s and 1950s, and it was getting silly to just have her eyes peeping up over that veil, lol.   

• Members

I highly recommend people watch the last 1983 clip that’s been uploaded. Some scenes from January 1984 where Kay is starting to consider her facelift. There is some amazing dialogue that Kay has with Dina and with Liz about it. It really does start to put a lot of context on that whole storyline and the motivators for Kay going ahead with the surgery.

• Members

Mr Mom's coverage of the Victor/Nikki/Kevin triangle.

It's funny how at the end even the kids want to know who the father of Nikki's baby (Victoria) is

"Kevin's a skunk!"

"Kevin gets all the girls!"

"Sure got Nikki!"

Edited by Dion

• Members

Can someone pm me the link to the vault? There was a fantastic Terry Lester episode where he was working with Dina against Jabot, and he was slimey with young Cricket and a bastard. So I’m really interested in watching the original Jack and Patty storyline. Bergman’s Jack is the only one I’ve watched and his Jack is always madly in love with everyone.

• Members

Terry Lester's Jack was madly in lust with everyone.

In that vault, there are some full episodes of 1982 that show the Jack and Patty story...including one where she was determined to get pregnant cause she had nothing else in her life.  The desperation was clearly evident even when her father tried talking sense to her.  Seeing these 1982 and 1983 scenes..I can buy Patty going crazy in the 2000s.  Both LS and AE play that in their versions of Patty...it's subtle and underlying.

I wish the Patty and Traci confrontation resulting in Traci losing the baby surfaces...so I can see how AE plays the scenes because she latched onto Danny quickly after the divorce from Jack.

• Members

From what I recall, Jack had just been fired from Jabot for his role in John and Jill’s ongoing divorce (the hookup he and Jill had a couple of years earlier). I think Jill was shot around this time if not a little later.

And also, Nikki and Jack had been having an on-off again affair due to Nikki’s insecurities with Victor and Ashley.

Edited by OzFrog