Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I think the only Brooks sister Katherine really interacted with to my knowledge was Lorie, because I read some old synopses where she met with Phillip I guess so he could fund her book or something like that....It said Katherine eavesdropped on them, and I guess for a second suspected they were seeing each other..

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I also remember reading something that Lorie saw Phillip and Jill kissing in a restaurant and went out to the Chancellor home to make things uncomfortable. Wasn't Brock and Lorie's backstory they had both got caught up in the late 60's/early 70's counterculture ? Brock came home in 1974 and asked for Kay's forgiveness. Lorie arrived in December 1973 I think to prepare for Chris and Snapper's wedding in January. Lorie quickly set out to torment Leslie. 

• Members

I do remember reading that Katherine knew Philip was cheating on her..and wasn't sure who it was.. and thought for a second it was Lorie... and that Lorie/Jill kind of had one another's # as well in those early scenes.

I read some monthly summaries a long time ago around 1978.. and there were instances of  Brock/Leslie interacting with one another.. it was during the time Brad/Leslie were having marital issues and she was pregnant with his child.. while Lori was off in another storyline with Lance/Vanessa during that time.

I also think the early years being isolated worked because from 1980 to around 1982/3.. Jill/Katherine really didn't interact all that much.  Youtube used to have a scene or two when  Deborah Adair was playing Jill... and in that match up.. Jill was the one who you rooted for while Katherine was the one that you despised... and she tried to stop the wedding and only backed off when Liz told Katherine that if she did anything to sabotage Jill's wedding, she'd lose her for a friend.. and Katherine had to back off.

In the 90s (up till 98)... Katherine was always trying to interfere and sabotage Jill's life.. while Jill was usually happy not to have to be around her.  Kay Alden ruined that vibe with the stupid house story and then turning Katherine into a saint.

• Members

Katherine & Jill was one of Alden's major bright spots. She understood their dynamic fully. She never turned Katherine into a cardboard saint (even when most of the town adored her) & she always kept Jill understandable (if not always likeable).

• Members

Yes, Lorie and Brock had had a relationship before they both returned to Genoa City, but we were led to believe it was primarily based on sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll more than anything else. Lorie had always been a scamp, but the virtuous Brock had apparently had some wild oats to sow as well.

It was weird, in 1976, when Brock asked Peggy to marry him, following her rape by Ron Becker.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

I used to wonder how Chris and Peggy reacted to the Lorie/Leslie feud.. if they choose sides, etc.  There were a few monthly summaries from late 1975 where Lorie was caught in a compromising position with Peggy's boyfriend.. and Peggy freaking out assuming that Lorie was trying to steal her boyfriend.. so that answered that question for me

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Brock has such an odd history and that I can understand the need to create Tucker and Devon as alternative Chancellors for the next generation of story.  His employment was always murky at best.  I don't recall his relationship with his stepfather Philip C prime.  He never appeared to have any ambition and he wasn't that nice to his mother; calling 'Duchess' was rather dismissive.

Finally, the backstory with Mackenzie did not benefit the character.  He was supposed to be a spiritual, caring guy but, he left his pregnant girlfriend for 16 years and never paid child support? He was really a creep but he got a pass because he was a recurring character.   Think about how angry Adam was that Victor was a little neglectful;  Mac didn't seem to have a problem with learning that her mother died in poverty despite her father being raised in one of the largest homes in Genoa City.

• Members

But did Brock know Amanda was pregnant at the time?

Brock by nature was more suited to support as he was this very moral, spirtual guy who wouldn't lie, keep secrets etc that most characters indulge in to keep the plot moving.

I suppose Bill Bell could have brought on some wayward female for Brock to fall in love with and set on the straight and narrow, but he obviously didn't see Brock that way and maybe didn't have room on the canvas to devote too much to Brock.

When the show went to an hour,Brock/Julia were being set up as a couple but then Brock left (Was that Beau's choice?)

I think him calling Kay 'duchess' was a loving term, tempered with a little edge.