Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Vicki did have problems with LML's writing.

She hated stuff like Dru cutting up Carmen's clothes & the weak writing for the Winters family after Davetta's abrupt dismissal but she tried her hardest to imbue whatever the writers threw at her with proper emotional beats.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

From what I've seen of 1983 through 1986, there were a lot more action/adventure elements in the storylines. Y&R has never really been known for the whole action/adventure thing. I guess with General Hospital and Days riding high on the whole action/adventure/supercouple craze in the 1980s every show jumped on that bandwagon to some degree.

Maybe it's me, but Marc Mergeron seems more like a Dynasty character than daytime. I guess another big thing in the 1980s was that all the daytime shows got influenced by Dallas and Dynasty so they added wealthy business families.  

Edited by kalbir

• Members

@Soaplovers referred to the former GL producer as "Ferren Phelps" in another thread and it reminded me of one of Y&R silliest stories; Andy Richard's ex-wife Ferren Conner ( I recommend the Y&R wiki page on her as a refresher). 

The fact than an amnesiac patient would name herself Ferren, (a name that I had never heard of before nor since), still makes me smile.  I also giggled at all of the technical anachronisms, like that Ferren's husband has to write a letter to try to find her, or the lack of any DNA testing, or that nobody seems to have access to photos of Ferren or a phone when they need it.  Access to whatever-they-call-Facebook in Genoa City would have solved this two year story in about two minutes today.   

• Members

LOL......There was a country singer back in the day named Faron Young. It may have also been a play on Farrah Fawcett. Most of the strange names Bill Bell used on his shows came from people he knew in real life.

Edited by SoapDope

• Members

The 2 February 1984 episodes are full of great scenes! I particularly enjoy the scenes between Rick and Nikki, and also the scenes featuring Lauren. You can see how mischievous she is with her facial expressions and attitude. I love how Amy even said at one point, "You're a mean, vindictive person, you know that?" That pretty much summed up Lauren's character for the first 7 or 8 years that she was on! I hope more episodes surface from February and March, I'd love to see the scenes of Nikki getting rescued!

• Members

I hope somebody uploads the weeks of March 11-15, 1985 and March 18-22, 1985....reason being these episodes feature (I'm pretty sure) the hunt for Ashley and also Victoria falling down the Newman Ranch staircase with Jack coming to the rescue. I also would love to the the week of June 22-26, 1987, Jess Walton's first week as Jill.