Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Looking back, Katherine's enabling of Phillip's anger toward Jill was inappropriate.  First, she houses the boy and allows him to stay away from his mother; when Katherine had no claim to Phillip beyond the fact that he shared a first name with her ex-husband.  Then, given her own history of alcoholism and recovery, she continued to enable a rift while recognizing that Phillip had a drinking problem. 

• Members

Not really.

Jill's pain & anger was very justified and the interaction between both those two was very complex with neither woman being either totally deified or vilified.

The main issue was the frequent lack of a strong love interest and/or trusted confidant for Jill which were two problems Alden majorly rectified during her tenure.

The biggest issue for Jill (as a character) during the 90s was the disaster that was her second marriage to John.

• Members

That's what drives me crazy about the latter rewrite Y&R did in regards to the Kay/Jill feud. In the 2000s every character seemed to behave as if Katherine was a kind old woman that Jill had relentlessly been cruel to for decades and it was quite the opposite. Both women were venomous, but Katherine tended to quite often obsess bitterly over Jill and interfere in her personal life for no apparent reason. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

We sure do! And with only a handful of vintage eps available from the 1970s, seeing a rare Y&R gem like this is thrilling!

Truth be told, I can't really sit through the present-day broadcasts of this once-fine soap, but I could watch classic (and classy) material from the 1970s until my eyes bled!

Many people hoard their rare treasures like this, and never share them with other fans, so once again THANK YOU for being so generous!

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

You should grab anything and everything "new" from the 1970s; it's ultra-rare and almost impossible to find anywhere. 

Or tell me where to look and I'll break the bank to get my hands on stuff like this.

I feel almost drunk with excitement, woohoo! I spent the evening watching vintage ATWT from 1979 on youtube, wishing I could could see more soaps from that decade, which to me was the very best one for most soaps. Now I stumble across a 1975 Y&R, with several of my most-beloved characters like Leslie and Lorie! Life is good.

I would literally buy every single episode available of Y&R from at least 1973 to 83.

• Members

This year has been very generous to us, as far as some 70's and early 80's material popping up...I think those tape masters are finally realizing "time is running out" in a sense, and with the way things going, there won't be any soaps left, so better dust off those tapes and remind viewers what a REAL soap opera is about!