Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Thanks! Cool to explore the “ghosts” of early webpages.

glanced over those Y&R cast member chats....Braeden is still Braeden..( I got a laugh when the person asked about Victors brother and that he had forgotten his name, and Braeden just replied: “So did I”

LMAO at the 28 year old guy who asked Morrow out on a Date!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

^ Great find! What a pivotal ep. ED looked gorgeous. Carol was so well-utilized...why did they ever let her go? :/ Leanna was never fully exposed as the author of Ruthless, was she? That would have been a great plot point to revisit if the show went forward with Leanna’s plan to marry John in ‘91.

• Members

As I recall, both Leanna and Victoria were established early on as being literally "frigid".  It was an interesting choice for the time, given the rise in HIV awareness in the 90's.  It seemed like they tried it with Leanna, then she was dropped, so they carried on the theme with Victoria, but then that issue fell by the side as she grew older.  Female libido was a theme in soaps twenty years ago, I wonder why it is no longer explored? 

• Members

Carol was very tough telling off those reporters! and I agree, Jill could have done her dirty detective work to expose Leanna for her part in "Ruthless"  or any of her other crimes...if she got rid of Dina that way, that could have been a better exit for Leanna in 1992..

• Members

Lol, and Carol and Marjorie are definitely far more adept than Megan "The paparazzi are here!" Conley ever was at doing press conferences. 

Thanks! After recently re-watching the best of Mari Jo I felt it was time for a nice change up. Especially after realizing it has been well 25 years since a lot of this stuff went down! 

• Members

Here's the missing November 6, 1991 episode that came from my latest batch of dvds....I wasn't gonna upload because the DVD is messed up towards the end, and as a result the remaining 6-7 minutes are unfortunately missing, but I'd figure I'll re-upload ASAP once  I get a replacement dvd...

Yes 25 years in 2019 for 1994 Y&R! YIKES!! and the scariest thing to me is that it's gonna be 25 years we've gotten Nick, Sharon and Phyllis thrown upon us!!  

• Members

Those 1988 clips are really fascinating to watch. Did Jack tell Leanna all that about the abortion? I don't know how Ashley ever forgave him. I'd read about this story but reading it and seeing it are so different. Ashley's agony is so palpable it is hard to watch. I imagine those who felt this story was anti-abortion didn't have their minds changed by moments like these. 

The reporters are ludicrous, but it's all good melodramatic fun in true Bill Bell style. 

I wonder if Bell was inspired by all the Trump frenzy going on around this time. 

This is just about it for Eileen, isn't it? I feel like they have softened her look. Did they already have Brenda in mind? 

I always used to get confused when people would say that Eileen and Eric have chemistry, but I can really feel it in the '80s episodes. That hug was so bittersweet.

I love the Asian woman in the kicky hat and earrings, sharing a knowing smirk with her fellow tabloid reporter. She should have gotten a bigger role.