• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks!

I got so tired of Michael and bored of the Baldwins-Fishers and the odd entitlement that seemed to keep them on the canvas far longer than they deserved that I now kind of just pretend Michael never came back after this stint.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The thing with Michael is the show did the work to make his semi-redemption somewhat believable. It took YEARS for other characters to tolerate him & even when they did eventually tolerate him it took even longer (and in some cases, very extreme circumstances) for them to begin trust him.

• Members

I watched this one last night. It's better than anything Y&R has put on air in 15 years. The full Winters/Johnson clan, Jill glowing with the news of her pregnancy that only she knows (the moment when Jill gets the news she's pregnant - Jess conveyed more in her facial expression than half the current cast is capable of if shouting their lungs out), while scaring the bejesus out of everyone with her upbeat attitude. Brad as Neil's best man! Katherine and Rex (with so much chemistry, killing off Rex was impactful but I wonder how different things would have been had he lived). 

And all that heavenly instrumental music. More genuine emotion in one episode than I've seen in years. 

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

The Internet Archive generally goes back to 1996.

Here is the first daytime homepage archived from CBS, from December 1996.

Y&R homepage, from the same date.

SoapCity, which also had a ton of good stuff back in the day, dates back to 1998 on the Internet Archive.

If you play around with the Internet Archive saved stuff from the early 2000s from CBS, you'll run into some issues with the programming language used on the site - some links just won't go anywhere because the whole script didn't save or doesn't translate. You have to horse around and find a link to something else in that section to be able to dig through it. It's also extremely rare for videos to have survived from that time period.

EDIT: The .avi video linked in that initial Y&R link actually does work. The video codec isn't installed on my computer, but the audio does play.

Edited by Titus Andronicus