• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I’m pretty sure that’s John Denos. Yes, Joe was extra-smarmy.

Really enjoyed John and Carl’s scenes – two patriarchs. Soon Carl will be a Jabot security guard! After the mob frames him and he loses his police job.

I can not get into Victoria Mallory… so stiff, wooden, and formal. She does not “feel” like Lorie’s sister to me.

Loved Claire creeping up on Robert – so weird!

Is Michael Damian wearing braces?

• Members

It surprised me because I always thought Joe was like Skip and had a more gentle presence, but it’s so off putting how he seems to get a kick out of Jacks playboy antics....

i liked seeing the Carl and John scenes but again it almost seems like John has no problem with how his son handles his women, and sounds like he’s almost telling Carl to just deal with Jack being that way..

The Leslie and Lorie scenes I thought were good....it was kind of funny hearing Leslie say she refuses to get into a triangle with Robert and Claire and Lorie sort of throws wade on that comment....seeing Lorie and Lucas plot against Victor was fun too, but after hearing that story about Victor taking over that other guys company, I’m reminded that I can never truly like Victor as a character...I know Lorie actually succeeds in getting Prentis industries back, but Victor is just a horrible person regardless...

haha I thought I saw braces on MD too!

• Members

@YRfan23 thanks for telling us about this. Every new 1982 episode, full or partial, we get is one that is like finding another clue is a treasure hunt - they each have something to help flesh out what we have only ever read about. This one in particular gave me new insight into why Jack married Patty when it was so obviously a terrible idea. Even here you can see that he still treats women as objects and is more bemused by the idea of marriage to someone who is fresh and different - not taking any of it seriously until far too late. Terry Lester adds so many layers to the character. And I liked the scene with Carl and John.

I was very glad to get that brief partial scene with Lorie and Leslie as it's so rare to see any material with them that isn't about the men they were sharing. I'm glad that it was made clear here that Lorie had no real interest in Robert and she and Leslie were just having an honest talk about Robert and Leslie's knowledge of him. It was good to see them as sisters. Mallory also seems a bit less tense here. 

Victor's sexism is not a surprise but I think as years passed he was more open to businesswomen like Jill - maybe Lorie changed his mind. I think Victor's sexism didn't flare up too badly again until Bell retired, right?

The Lorie and Victor stuff is laid on a bit thick but I still enjoyed it. JLB and Braeden work very well together.

• Members

That’s a great way of putting it...I’m glad that the stories from this year are starting to feel more familiar in the midst of all the transitional stuff! There’s a lot more out there to see so we need to have our fingers crossed! I sound like a broken record but someone had to record and save all these years??

Lorie and Victor have a unique relationship, and while Victor being sexist annoys me, his feelings about it did get better, I guess we have to remember Victor wasn’t totally redeemed from his other crimes, so it was more in character to be this chauvinist...Lorie did good at toying with him though!

• Members

This was after Claire was almost raped, right? I was trying to remember.

Peter Brown did a decent job with that emotional monologue, even if it made Robert look a bit like a prick.

I never thought I'd get to see as much of this story as I did - it's always sounded drab on paper, and kind of is onscreen too, but the performances and Bell's writing make it better to watch than to read about.

• Members

I wish Bell had kept Tom Ligon on the show. He had more storyline in him. I could see him hooking up with Ashley or Nikki at some point. I was a little kid watching at this time, but only remember bits and pieces. I don't remember Joe Blair being such a prick, but he seemed to change rather quickly. I wish an episode would surface of Ashley with her first pairing Brian Forbes. That was being built as a big thing, then boom he was swept under the rug and disappeared. Ashley's early pairings were always a miss till  Victor. 

It's always funny to see Danny looking more ivy league preppy in his early days before his Rock On period with the mullet etc...