Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I was in middle school when these episodes aired... but so much was going on.

We had Nikki's back problems/alcoholism story being resolved with hints that Victor was thinking of Nikki again in that special way.

We met Hilary.. who at the time looked like she would be the newest female that Brad/Paul would be fighting over (since they were feuding ever since Cassandra Rawlins married Brad.. and she passed away before the divorce was final..thus all the money went to Brad instead of Paul like she wanted).  At the time, we were led to believe Hilary would be involved in a potential triangle with Brad/Paul... yet in time that wasn't the case.

Ryan/Victoria were in their young love stage... I don't recall him talking much about his family so interesting his father was an alcoholic.

Nina before she met Ryan... was dating John Silva but feeling inferior/insecure over dating him.. and this is just a few short months after David Kimball had passed.  At this time, this seemed like filler.. but in a few short months... her next story would start with Ryan/Nina/Victoria.  

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for sharing these @YRfan23!!!!

BTW, who was Blade's friend that photographed Dru towards the end of January that kind of ignored her at first? I didn't catch his name. 

Neil is such a jerk early on btw but it's good set-up for Neil and Dru's later problems come 1996-1998. 

As much as I loved Victor and ED's Ashley together, their marriage really was doomed from the start. Not from Victoria's interference but their interest in others(Nikki, Brad) really showed too much. 

Watching the 2-14-92 episode, I'm surprised they didn't have Sheila simply lock Scott up in a dungeon or have him tied/chained down to a bed, and then have Sheila just lie to everyone that Scott left her and left town. I suppose after Brad in a cage it would have been overkill to tell another type of story like that, but Sheila would get her day with James on B&B a few years later in Houdini's basement. 

Scott's a jerk too btw, probably rather deserving of his fate actually. 

She was quite the dark haired raven beauty and interesting character but I don't remember her interacting with Brad at all. I don't think she was destined to do much other than to be a subplot. Like Diane Weston in the David Kimble story she was pretty isolated to the Michael/Christine story. I don't think she was going to be anything long term other that be Michael's friend/lover and then wife of convenience though. Like how Diane's feelings changed eventually turning against David to help Christine out, Hilary's feelings changed eventually turning against Michael to help Christine out. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

These episodes are great!!! I wish we could find the 1989 ones surrounding Phillip III's accident/death. I have the French versions of those episodes and the acting during those scenes is remarkable! I can only lipread a little though HA! The airdates run from May 26th-June 2nd. The May 30th-June 1st episodes have the best acting.

Also, does anyone remember the infamous scene where Dru, Lily, and Malcom are having a confrontation about some situation (I can't remember) and at the end of the scene, Lily runs off crying telling Malcom to get out and Dru has the breakdown where she slides down the bookcase in tears? It used to be on YouTube but it got removed. I've been looking for that for a lifetime! In my opinion, it's one of VR's best scenes!