Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Interesting.  For 1972 that’s pretty remarkable.  Bill Bell and Agnes Nixon really liked to push the envelope didn’t they.  Which is kind of incredible because on paper, they were as old school as you can get.  I think if both of them were still writing shows today, there would be some interesting explorations going on.

• Members

My favorite Ashley... she was much prettier and more likable as Ashley.. but don't cross her.

I loved the Nina/Christine/Dru/Neil/Danny grouping and all of them rescuing Dru from another one of her misguided stunts at fame.  I used to love when Jill and Dru would tangle with Dru calling Jill 'the Dragon Lady'.. when Jill was actually being logical and giving Dru actual commonsense advice LOL

• Members

Damn, Katherine's fantasy of hurting Jill was terrifying - only veering into complete lolcamp near the very end. The makeup people did a fantastic job on Katherine's scarred face (I guess they were at their peak with the Tyrone story) and Jeanne Cooper's screams and wails were just right. 

That reminds me more of the audio of the whole Suzanne story. It was weird seeing it on Y&R by 1985.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that darkly lit shot of Katherine smoking with her holder (whatever you call those things). Just a gorgeous, atmospheric shot - says so much. I love the darker Katherine before she became so cleaned up and a it more dull.

Bill Bell really did love using Katherine for some of his gothic and extreme writing impulses, didn't he? 

When Jazz asked Tyrone about what it was like being white I thought he might actually talk about things like white privilege. I guess that was way too on the nose for 1985. 

Eww Nikki has some kind of mullet/soccer mom style. Is that photographer supposed to be a pervert? He looks familiar to me. 

For once I actually like Ashley's look here, even if it looks like she should be on Kate & Allie.

• Members

Does anyone else think Amy Gibson (Alana) looks like Faye Resnick ( @Cat @DaytimeFan ) I had only ever seen Alana in photos or a clip of the whiteface reveal. She looks somewhat biracial to me here. I did laugh at Jazz thinking the other girl was Alana, mostly because they didn't mock the girl - she got the last reaction. I really like Jazz. And I am always glad to see more of Amy (the character). She brightens up the show. I wish Bill Bell had held onto these characters. 

Jack saying Dina isn't thinking clearly at the moment made me feel sad, even though that wasn't what Bell say intending obviously. I guess this was the start of the Victor/Jack feud. 

I was shocked to see the Foster home at this point. I wonder if this was the last time we ever saw it. Love love love getting to see more of Liz and Jill. Hard to believe it hadn't even been 5 years from the touching Jill/Liz scene with Bond Gideon to Brenda's Jill being so deluded and selfish she actually asked Liz to mortgage her home! 

I think this may be the earliest Miguel I've seen (was he in the 1984 episodes put up a few months ago?).