Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Is it just me or do some of those shots look like they have been pasted in?

I wonder if when the show went to an hour, the look changed due to time limitations. Conboy had lighting staff spend a lot of time getting the moody,shadowy look in the 30 min eps and there probably wasn't time with the new schedule.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Is this with the entire cast?  I can't tell whether the guy standing behind Robert Colbert is Beau Kayser or one of the Greg Foster recasts.  And who are the two standing between Brenda Dickson and John McCook?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Barbara Harding (Beth Scheffel)           April Stevens' half sister
Bob Wilkins (Phil Proctor)
Boobsie Austin (she is related to Douglas Austin)   ex stripper, married to Douglas
Brian Forbes (Jay Kerr)      Ashley's lab tech boyfriend   1982-83
Candace Weber (Stacy Lande)
Doris Weber (Vanessa Brown)
Cynthia Harris (Lori Saunders, Heather Lowe)   Nurse, in love with Brad Eliot
Edith Mills (Jeanne Bates)   Brooks Prentiss' nanny
Fran Whittaker (Susan Brown)         helped when Jennifer Brooks had cancer
Frank Lewis (Brock Peters)        Captain of GCPD, Amy's dad
Frank Martin (Jay Ingram)      fathered Susan Wilcox by Sally McGuire, married her adopted mother, Jane Wilcox
Jane Hayes (Alexandra Morgan)       doctor
Jeff (Rod Arrants)                           Katherine's stableboy boytoy
Jerry Frazier (Michael Gregory)            photographer
John Harding (Lee Dubroux)      (Robert Ackerman)            
Josef (Jay Bell)        jeweler
Josh North (Zach Luna)
Judy Wilson (loyita Chapel)           worked at Chancellor, corporate spy
Karen Richards (Jeanna Michaels)          Andy' first wife, dated Jonas
Keith (Matt Kaminsky)                   dance deejay
Linda Larkin (Susan Walden)           wife of Larry   liked Greg
Marianne Rolland (Lilyan Chauvin)           Pierre's sister against his marriage to Sally
Matthew (Thomas Havens)                   member of the New World Commune
Max (billy Curtis)                               Worked with Jonas
Missy (Melissa Deppe)                       worked or hung out at crimson Lights
Natalie (Mary E. Carrig)                    secretary, Ryan McNeil
Patty Minter (Carol Jones)          friend of Nikki       
Rebecca and Dana (Cindy Fisher)     Rebecca was in the New World Commune, Dana Neilson dated Paul
Regina Henderson (Jodean Russo)          Ex-wife of Bruce Henderson, mother of Mark
Ruth Hicks (Vivian Brown)
Simone Vauvin (Anita Jodelsohn, Jean-Celeste Ahern)    Sister of Jean-Paul, who dated Lorie Brooks
sister Theresa (Carmen Zapata)       nun from Gwen Sherman's orphanage
Sumiko (Helen Funai)                      Original baddie of the New World Commune
Susan Everett (Kimberly Kelley)
Teresa (Ann Morrison)                  Katherine C's original maid
Tom Bennett (Mark Montgomery)                father of Jodie Conway's baby
Vincent Holliday (Alex Rebar)                    original partner of Rose DeVille
Walter Addison (Paul Savior)                John set up by Rose with Nikki, died in her room
Warner Wilson (rick Jason)
Captain Alex Morgan                    (Ben Hammer)   crooked chief

These doctors:
Dr.  Monty Wells(David Ankrum)
Dr. Susan Randall (Anneliza Scott)
Dr. Sebastian Crown (Edgar Daniels)      from San Leandro, knew Jonas and Lucas Prentiss
Dr. George Riley (Mark Bramhall)

I found this list with a question about these characters. @vetsoapfan  and anyone else, can you help fill us in on the ones I haven't  added info for?

Edited by slick jones

• Members

Max worked at Jonas bar.

These  are my recollections(w/o checking)

I think Cynthia was Brad's secretary?

Warner Wilson was a lawyer at one of the Brook's sisters rape trials?

Edith Mills had something to do with Vanessa death  either the neigbour who overheard Vanessa crying out to Lorie or baby Brooks nurse?

Hope someone can confirm or corrrect.

• Members

If needed for anyone:

Front row: Brenda Dickson (Jill Foster), Charles Gray (Bill Foster), Trish Stewart (Chris Brooks Foster), Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor), Dorothy Green (Jennifer Brooks), Pamela Peters Solow (Peggy Brooks)

Middle row: KT Stevens (Vanessa Prentiss), John McCook (Lance Prentiss), Jaime Lyn Bauer (Lorie Brooks), Julianna McCarthy (Liz Foster), Janice Lynde (Leslie Brooks Elliot), Beau Kayzer (Brock Reynolds)

Back row: David Hasselhoff (Snapper Foster), Anthony Herrera (Jack Curtis), Kay Heberle (Joann Curtis), Tom Hallick (Brad Elliot)

• Members

https://imageresize.org/image/c4af06f7-2ef4-4b0b-a583-e3431c8c2e4d

I love this picture as 1982 was always fascinating for me. A new era and still some old guard.

Front row: Peter Brown (Robert Lawrence), Elizabeth Keifer (Angela Lawrence), DeAnna Robbins (Cindy Lake), Meg Bennett (Julia Newman), Brock Peters (Frank Lewis)

Seated row: Deborah Adair (Jill Foster), Julianna McCarthy (Liz Foster), Victoria Mallory (Leslie Brooks), Lilibet Stern (Patty Williams Abbott), Lynn Wood (Allison Bancroft), Kristine DeBell (Pam Warren)

Middle row: Suzanne Zenor (Claire Lawrence), Beth Maitland (Traci Abbott), Eileen Davidson (Ashley Abbott), Terry Lester (Jack Abbott), Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor), Jerry Douglas (John Abbott), Brett Hadley (Carl Williams), Mark Tapscott (Earl Bancroft), Christopher Holder (Kevin Bancroft), Marguerite Ray (Mamie Johnson), Carolyn Conwell (Mary Williams), Patty Weaver (Gina Roma)

Back row: Michael Damian (Danny Romalotti), Jay Kerr (Brian Forbes), Doug Davidson (Paul Williams), Michael Evans (Douglas Austin), Robert Colbert (Stuart Brooks), Steven Ford (Andy Richards), Ben Hammer (Alex Morgan).

The photo was shot beween October (Patty Weaver joining) and December (Victoria Mallory, Peter Brown, Suzanne Zenor and Liz Keifer leaving). Surprising omissions of both Eric Braeden and Melody Thomas-Scott as the Victor/Nikki drama was quite huge for the show then.

• Members

The doctor starts to remove the bandages. Anxiously observing this procedure is beautiful R.N., Cynthia Harris. Her heart leaps to her throat as she hears Brad jubilantly should, “I can see!” Cynthia’s joy is genuine…but tainted. She loves the man. His regaining his sight means she has lost him. He’ll now be returning to his wife Leslie. Before returning to Genoa City, Cynthia tells Brad of her love. Brad tells Cynthia she’s a sensitive, caring woman and he’s glad she was there when he needed someone.

You were right @Paul Raven   an old synopsis you posted several years ago.

Patty was Sierra to Nikki's Colleen.  (Thanks to @DeeeDee  from 2012

• Members

I always wondered if Robert/Angela Laurence were supposed to be long term characters when introduced.. or were they always intended to be short-term?  It seemed he was a lawyer, she was buddies with Traci, and he was dating Leslie.. who had trouble bonding with Angela.. while Claire was slowly recovering in the mental hospital.  It seemed to be resolved suddenly, which was Bill Bell's style.