Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I love that so many people have been contributing big lots of videos to the Y&R Vault lately! The B&B one has been pretty active and I'm happy to see Y&R getting more activity too. There have been a lot of videos uploaded from 1989, 1990, and 1991.  I plan to get to 1988 soon but got sidetracked with this project.

As I was dating all of Nikki N's 1999 videos I kept notes on what was missing. She uploaded 132 videos! In some cases, like 11/2/99, fortunately the video she happened to be missing was already in the vault from someone else. Then I went through my own collection and added another 21 videos.

Here's what's left, we're pretty close to having the complete year, I really hope someone here has the rest!

UPDATED NOVEMBER 30, 2020

1999 MISSING EPISODES
1/4 thru 1/13

1/15

1/18 (in full)

1/19
1/21
1/27
1/29

2/1 thru 2/17
2/26 (in full)

3/15
3/16
3/18 (in full)
3/23 (in full)

4/1

4/2

4/7 (in full)

4/8

4/11
4/12 thru 4/28

5/6 (the episode in the vault is partially in French)

5/7 thru 5/14
5/26 (the episode in the vault is partially in French)

6/24 (in full)
6/28 thru 6/30

7/1 thru 7/13
7/14 (in full)
7/15 thru 7/16
7/20

8/4 thru 8/6
8/11 thru 8/13
8/20 thru 8/27

9/13

9/14 (the episode in the vault is partially in French)
9/22

10/6
10/13
10/18
10/25
10/26

11/5
11/19
11/23
11/29

12/8 (the episode on the vault is in French)
12/9 thru 12/12
12/14 thru 12/31

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

To be fair to her, I don't know if anyone could have survived their hairstylist judging by that clip - Doug's hair looks lumpy and misshapen, like Playdoh left behind, while the beautiful Roberta Leighton has been assaulted by a demonic cereal bowl.

I'm just shocked that we got to see her. I'm shocked that we got to see a number of those clips. The karate one was fascinating as it has that raw type of feeling which was sort of being phased out of the show by then, with the increasingly ossified Brooks sisters, Jill, etc. And it's such a reminder of how incredibly gorgeous and charismatic Doug Davidson was in those years. 

The moment where he was too awestruck to speak about his wife was sweet. 

The writing quality - the quality, period - has declined so much, as shown by the time of those 2003 clips, but I'm glad they didn't try to hide the past to prop up later stuff, and just let the material stand.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Me either, I thought he just said he took him to the audition because they are friends

ETA: Maybe that's all it was, they were friends and he was just in that one scene. Seems to be late 1979 or early 1980

Edited by will81

• Members

LOL at Playdoh left behind. It was bad even for late 70's standards. It was straight out of Eight Is enough. That karate clip was a surprise. I wish we could have seen the entire segment. I wonder if Greg and Paul got into a confrontation over Nikki ? Wings Hauser was just seedy. They should have re-cast a better Greg than that, especially to pair with Melody's Nikki. 

• Members

I've never understood why they cast Hauser. If I was watching at the time, maybe I would know, but he feels like such an odd choice for Y&R (which cast beautiful people) as well as for the Foster family (who were all troubled on the inside but able to present a more acceptable, polished face to the world). And James Houghton was so incredibly handsome, it's just jarring. Was this down to soaps moving toward the "anti-hero/bad boy" format by 1977 or 1978?