Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

It’s freaking unbelievable. I feel sooooo spoiled! And am eternally grateful to our secret benefactor.

tapes were rather costly back in the day and stack up a lot of space: Many soap collector have clips or “best of’s” in their collection instead of full episodes; at least anything pre-2000s when tapes got cheaper/the DVD came into fashion.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Dina's entrance is so good !!!! And yes, Bill Bell totally made a Dynasty touch here but it worked just fine. Jerry Douglas, Terry Lester, Eileen Davidson, Deborah Adair and Marla Adams all nailed it with such a different range of emotions. 

It is so good but it makes me sad to imagine the crap we will have to watch on Monday when the show returns. How the Mighty have fallen...

• Members

Not up to Dina's entrance yet, but loving seeing little moments like the "Gina's" sign lighting up for the first time. And I had no idea Rick Daros originally got involved with Nikki via Allison Bancroft! This is fascinating stuff. And knowing Nikki ends up with Tony Di Salvo, I'm interested in seeing how the story gets there!

This stuff still feels relevant to today... dirty cops, Nikki's husband being opposed to her sex work, Kevin losing a contract over things his wife said, Nikki getting filmed without her consent (per the recaps)... it's SO MUCH MORE INTERESTING than the current show.

• Members

Loving the vault. Just saw Brenda's return as Jill and her confrontation with Dina. 

The Eve Howard drama is getting good with crazy cross eyed Max. Victor and Julia teaming up sneaking into the house like super sleuths was great. I don't see current Victor doing something like that. He tells Julia he needs to get the door hinges oiled and Julia tells him to watch out for the kitchen table. He asks table ? And Julia was like " have you ever been in your own kitchen?......LOL 

• Members
  • Members

Was that the last appearance of Stuart Brooks on Memorial Day ? I really enjoyed those scenes of Stu & Liz with the vintage background music. I read that Robert Colbert was upset his character had little to do by this time and quit the show. I say it was a shock to him that within 10 years that his entire family was written out.