The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Melissa Mcbride (Carol) is only four years older than Norman Reebus (Daryl). A romantic relationship could be possible between their characters eventually, but I think that the dynamic between them needs to become more romantic and less sibling-like. I remember thinking that Glenn and Maggie's attraction came out of nowhere, but now I think they have one of the best most intense compelling romances on tv so it is possible.

About the winter finale, now I am thinking that Rick and Daryl will be captured by the governor which will present Merle with a dilemma as he will be torn between his brother and the governor when the show returns.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I'm not sure a takeover of the prison would have any great impact now. In the comic, it was taken over and a lot of people died. Lori and her baby died in the prison raid in the comic. I can see Rick and Daryl being captured and Michonne going back to the prison and helping them out before the team gets to them.

I do agree it's,too soon for The Govenor to die. We,really don't know much about him yet and I think we will likely learn he killed his wife and child before the zombie apocalypse, showing he was a sociopath long before it started. Daryl won't choose his brother and I suspect DaryL will either kill him defending the group , Michonne ends up killing him, or maybe he does die nobly saving his brother. I think Daryl has become too protective of the group to turn on them now.

I'm warming up to Michonne finally and sense there is a lot more to her being a loner and expert in survival than has been exposed so far.

• Members

If Rick and Daryl are captured, Glenn and Maggie must escape. I don't see how TPTB can have all four of them captured without the governor killing them outright. At some point, Andrea is going to have to see one or all of them in Woodbury. She cannot stay in the dark much longer. I wonder if Michonne is also captured or if she manages to escape. I cannot see everyone escaping.

I am desperately trying to stay away from spoilers, but I do know that

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I was going to ask about this Jacqui character. Reading about her, her story seems interesting to me, especially her death (which sort of reminds me of 70s British sci-fi - bleak but noble), but then I read comments that she barely had any lines and was basically a token.

What did you think of her?

Which TV characters who weren't in the comics do you think have worked out, and which characters who were in the comic do you think are most different (or came across better or worse to you in TV compared to the comic)? I've heard people say Carol is the most different.

• Members

I have only read the graphic novel's wikia so I cannot comment about any differences with the tv characters other than plot developments. I vaguely remember Jacqui as the African American woman who stayed in the CDC when it was blown up. She was an okay character, but not a lot of development there.

I know that I said that I would stay away from spoilers, but here is

• Members

I have been spoiled by the graphic novels so I am not visiting that site. I am already on tender hooks about which of the main cast will die next. I figure we are in for another major death by the end of the season. I was looking at a cast photo from season one earlier today and shook my head in disbelief when I realized that half of the characters were dead. I cannot remember another show where so many major characters have been killed off over a two to three year period. This and the compelling human drama is why The Walking Dead rocks hard! I still think Justified has the best writers and cast, while Dexter and Game of Thrones round out my top four, but this season has cemented The Walking Dead as number one in "my best tv show right now" ranking.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I just got turned onto this show and watched the entire series this week.

I have to say I was happy Dale died because he was just a nuisance. Shane had issues but I found him always right all the time in every debate, and the issue of saving the teenager's life was a perfect example. The entire first two seasons all their troubles would stem from Rick's good-natured decisions that put his own people in jeopardy. Season three is great too but I can understand why Andrea decided to stay. Michonne is ok, no great shakes because she is just needlessly full of attitude. There is no reason not to warn these people their enemy is Merle or that Andrea is alive.

Great show.

• Members

Marathon and it starts with the first eppy of the season. Love when they took over the prison. A bit too much gore for my taste, but the scenes were intense.

Daryl? Swoon... I love this guy. The first time I saw Norman Reedus he was on Law & Order SVU, and I didn't think much of him. Now, he is one of my absolute favs on TV. Such a kick ass character!