The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I used to read ONTD fairly often until it kept giving me virus warnings.

Tumblr is the best propaganda these shows could have - it's gotten me into this and got me back watching Supernatural and back to watching some of Sherlock. It's like crack.

• Members

Dang. If it doesn't give you a virus anymore then come back! The gifs/comments/images .... I'm weak for days. My stomach still hurts after that round of laughter.

Mmmmm yes and no -- Tumblr is good in a sense but they have HORRID fangirl bases and I'm not here for that. I like to use it to search some of the tags but some people can be a bit much so I stay away but I love searching for gifs or even shoots of celebs.

• Members

But does he seem weird or creepy to her? I do not think so. I think he does a good job of covering and coming off normal to her. I also think her need for a normal world after all this time, esp the months almost dying in the woods after being left by her group, overrides her romantic feelings or hornyness for him. I always saw him as an added bonus to her.

• Members

The fangirl stuff mostly cracks me up, along with the endless misery and angst added on to gif sets. My favorite was when someone mentioned a Supernatural scene about Dean telling Castiel (his angel/friend/"brother"/possible boyfriend) that he didn't want to be teleported anymore because the last time it constipated him for a week. Someone said, "No, the real reason was because the last time they teleported, Cas DIED." Another person came along saying, basically, "WHY DOES EVERYTHING NEED TO BE DEPRESSING?"

The Walking Dead stuff isn't as heavy, although there is endless obsession over Daryl/Carol.

I see what you mean, but it just seems too soon to me that she'd sleep with him. I think they should have kept out the sex element with her character, after what had happened with Shane. They still could have had her trust him.

• Members

Really?

During an end of the world zombie take over when stuck in the woods with a silent woman with pet zombies and almost dying for months on end, id be all about the sex too. Sex is more than just to satisfy a sexual urge, it is something that makes some people feel connected to another, and in this situation im sure everyone is desperate for a little human contact, esp someone like Andrea. Esp if that man is providing the safety and security she craves.

• Members

I guess for me it's a little jarring seeing someone go from near-death (and being near-death for months) to heavily flirting within two or three episodes. On paper I might get it. Onscreen, I don't think it entirely worked, although I do think there's too much slut-shaming and anger directed at the character from some. I think mostly she just lacks a purpose on the canvas. I think more could have been done with her bond with Michionne.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

If anyone wants to see David Morrisey in a festive setting, and a very different role, he was in a Doctor Who Christmas special a few years ago, called The Next Doctor. He has one of the main roles and his performance runs the gamut (bravado, heartbreak, comedy). He does a great job.

• Members

I missed Beth kissing Rick in the promo. She is young for him, but he is traumatized and newly single so I say they should go for it. Carl will be fine and grow out of his crush sooner than later.

Any attacks on Laurie come from irrational folks on or off Twitter. The blame clearly lies with Kirkman. Michonne had loads of time to tell Andrea about the Governor trying to kill her, kidnapping Glenn and Maggie last night, and the rescue with Rick and others, yet she said absolutely nothing. Andrea will figure things out quickly now that Daryl has been captured. However, it does not mean that she will be able to easily untangle herself easily from the Governor. It seems clear that the season finale will be Rick's people against the Governor in a winner take all scenario.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

As for Michonne telling Andrea the truth:

1. We'd be assuming Andrea would listen and make the smallest attempt to believe her.

2. Michonne pays her debts and she owed The Gov! He had his men hunt her down and try to kill her.

Andrea and Michonne with their weapons drawn was awesome!!!!!

• Members

Laurie Holden, who plays Andrea, has gotten hate on Twitter over her character and I think over people not liking her being flirty or posy when she's at various events.

Beth just kisses Rick on the cheek, although it must have been shown for a reason.