The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Administrator

Wow, loved all the action and The Governor/Michonne's fight was EPIC!!

ohmy.png was my reaction when Michonne stabbed the Governor in the eye with the broken glass.

I kinda felt bad for the Governor when Michonne "killed" his daugther.

Glenn/Maggie are the best and most kickass couple of TV. Loved these two together.

Though I really enjoyed this year's winter finale, I thought last year's was better because of the Sophia revelation and for Michelle MacLaren's awesome directing.

Can't wait until February!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I did not feel sorry for the Governor when Penny got killed. He killed live people with no remorse. It was about time that he suffered. He had it coming.

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that after a rough start, Glenn and Maggie are the best tv couple ever. They are simply epic. Among the current crop of tv couples, I like Snow and David on Once Upon a Time, but they are children at play compared to Glenn and Maggie. Glenn making a shank out of a walker's arm for Maggie is the most awesome and gruesome gift of love.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I play the Facebook game and it cracks me up so much... all these damn missions I gotta go on. Lori's ass gets on my nerves since she asks the most. I think I've accidentally killed Facebook friends too but why they're zombies idk and they had to die.

• Members

I didn't feel bad for the governor when Michonne killed his daughter but I wasn't expecting her to do it. I don't know why, she certainly has no qualms about killing walkers and no love for the gov but I guess just because it was a kid and she was showing compassion to her just seconds earlier. I like Michonne a lot and think she did the right thing but it did startle me a bit when she did it.

• Members

Before The Gov came in, Michonne turned the girl around and was about to take that head right off, in walks The Gov.

But check out Michonne's face right before she offs the kid? She enjoyed it only because she knew what the kid meant to The Gov. Prior to him showing up, M would have been killing the kid like any other zombie, but it was gravy when Gov showed his face.

• Members

I would've shot anyone in the back over Telltale Games' Walking Dead. Too soon?

Seriously though, that adventure game is the best TWD out there. I gave up on the comic after the prison, was never a big fan of Robert Kirkman's OTT, adolescent writing style. It's become so repetitious, and nihilist dull. The show I am just now starting to give a fair shake. Only in Season 1 as of yet.

• Members

I keep hearing so much about the games. I can't afford to buy expensive games, it's why I stopped buying video games, but I will try one eventually. Who are your favorite characters in it?

I've sort of read of the comics more than sat down and read them. I guess that's cheating, but I prefer it that way. I'd hate to be reading along and then

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

The comic is just an endless train of adolescent hyperbole and misery and death. I can't get behind that. Nothing really changes in it to me, so I dropped it post-prison. I've tried to get into the latest arc on a friend's word, but Kirkman's dialogue style and approach to emotions is still like an 18-year-old juggalo so I'm not sure I can be bothered. His concept was wonderful, and was once a great story - the comic just bores me these days. Already the show seems like an improvement on his initial arc, though.

The Telltale game is for all systems, plus PC, I think Mac, and iOS. It's more of an adventure game - less about action, much more about choices, characters and interaction. And it does it very well. It was very, very rewarding for me. A few TWD characters crop up early on; it's supposed to run parallel with the beginning of Kirkman's story. It was released episodically in chapters, there are six of them. A second "season" will be released in 2013. It really is worth your time, and it was cheap for me, maybe $20-30 for the whole six episodes. A real value.

I'd recommend looking on Youtube for a playthrough of Episode 1 if you're interested.

• Members

I think it was a good choice to mostly write new characters into the game. I'm not sure how often you can tell different stories with the same characters.

I'm glad they seem to be telling somewhat different stories on TV compared to the comic - of course all the stories will be grim, but there's a certain way to write grimness and death.

• Members

I've only watched Season 1, but I have to say Sarah Wayne Callies impresses me as a much more sympathetic and rounded version of the character.

And yes, the game is pretty much all-new people dealing with the zombie apocalypse elsewhere. There are some cameos early on, but they weave into Kirkman's continuity and exit.

The game is officially in continuity with the comics, apparently; Kirkman signed off on it. At times I find myself preferring to believe it is in continuity with the TV show. There was also a sticking point on one character, but that is a private discussion for another time.

Edited by Vee