The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's true. I mostly meant I'm surprised AMC hasn't found a way. They seem to run people off as quickly as possible, aside from Weiner.

I do wonder what this will mean for the show. I think it's nice how some of the characters like Carol and Maggie were allowed to develop. I hope that won't change.

I think Mazarra was the one who wanted Judith to be alive so I wonder what will happen there.

• Members

I have to assume this is about the budget again. AMC doesn't know how to run a cable hit or being a TV network. This is amateur hour. They don't have the budget or their experience amongst their executives to handle dealing with shows of this scope.

• Members

I have been reading that The Walking Dead is the first show that AMC has completely owned which explains why is it slapping the show runners around. On the surface, it looks like that the show has not suffered, but these cheapskate moves will likely shave a year or two off the show future. I don't know how true, but on a couple entertainment sites, so-called "insiders" are saying that AMC has been unable to attract high quality experienced producers to its shows in general. I mean, who with talent and experience would be willing to be treated like dirt after seeing what happened with Darabont and Mazzara?

• Members

I'm afraid of what will happen to my show without Mazzara. Not familiar with his other work, but I absolutely love where he's taken TWD! I see inferior show runners lining up for the job and AMC counting their revenue while thinking that only blood and guts is what put this show on the map. They figure that's easy and anyone can do it. Idiots!

Be afraid. Be very afraid!

• Members

I seriously cannot believe that it has come to this. I thought corporations were greedy, but also wanted to be successful. AMC is a sheap small mind mob outfit, bullying and firing showrunners and bullying the cast into silence all the while running around getting into legal disputes with cable providers.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

There was some stuff at TWOP which talked about whether AMC might make the zombies CGI now (this was just speculation). I hope that won't happen. Some comments also mentioned how Mazzarra kept Darabont's promise to make the show seem like a 70s zombie film. I think that's one of the reasons the show is a hit - Dawn of the Dead is a timeless film, and even if this isn't Dawn of the Dead, I think people crave that type of product.

Maureen Ryan talked a little about all of this too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maureen-ryan/the-walking-dead-showrunn_b_2347575.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment

• Members

Argh, my post disappeared. Anyway, I was disappointed to find out that TWD's New Year's Eve and Day marathon is only season 3. I should recorded the previous marathons of season 1 and 2, maybe they will have them before season 4.

Feb 10th is sooo far away and I am still suffering withdrawal symptoms. On a positive note, Justified premieres on Jan 8th. It should hold me until TWD returns.

• Members

Cancelled my cable yesterday and will only watch TWD with my friends who download. I have been paying too much for this channel with only one show worth watching. The recent decisions I hope don't serve it badly but have left me with very little hope for the shows future. Good luck TWD, you need it with boring old Mad Men at the helm!