The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

The other problem is that some of the characters who may be prominent in the comic drag the show down. I don't know if Kirkman has any interest in Andrea but if he did then he should have stopped the show from making her character a shambles (I would also say she was miscast). Characters like Carol, who on paper seem easily disposable, actually contribute far more to the backbone and heart of the TV version.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I actually prefer Andrea and Lori on the show to the comic versions - not that I'm caught up yet. I think the actresses do great work with complex, layered characters. They pretty much had a single facet each in the comics, IMO; Lori was a shrew and Rick's wife, and Andrea was the supercool babe he ended up with later in life. Kirkman's characterizations are broad and not complex. The women on the show may not always be perfect, but to me they are real.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Me too! GIVE IN ANN! I want to Peer pressure you so bad but I swear leading up to the 10th. You should just take one promo a day at a time starting on Feb. 1.

What I do Chit? You know you loved it... I need Doctor Who to take me to Feb. 10 at 10 p. already!

• Members

I just got up to mid-season 2, when Shane went completely insane and had everyone open fire on the barn (with children around, no less). I thought this was a good scene, although those scenes with Rick and Herschel and Beth's under five boyfriend bringing in the walkers with leashes just didn't make sense to me. I find it hard to believe someone wouldn't have gotten bit in the process of dragging the walkers to the barn if Herschel and the other farm people had been doing that for a while.

I'm surprised at just how much I liked Maggie/Glenn right from the start. I heard some say they didn't like them until this season.

Those scenes with the two guys Rick shot in the bar went on and on and seemed very stagey. I get the idea, but I did not like the execution (no pun intended).

Have any of you listened to the DVD commentary for that last episode (Nebraska)? Glen Mazarra (now deposed as showrunner) talks about the actors objecting to the initial script, and the guy who plays Glenn was also on there, doing his best Eddie Haskell, essentially saying, "I didn't have a problem, but other people did." Cracked me up.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I think the point of that scene is it doesn't make sense - Rick is trying to abide by Herschel's rules but the situation is just not workable. He doesn't want to hurt anyone but he doesn't have any other way to handle Herschel. Shane then takes the decision out of his hands. Shane was right, but his method was ugly.

• Members

Yet because it was Shane not Rick who betrayed Hershel's trust, he allowed them to stay at the farm. Shane busting open the barn also burnt his the last bridge with the group (excluding Andrea). It cemented Rick as the undisputed leader of the group.

Chit, it is lonely in spoiler free zone so thanks for the company. LOL! It is damn hard though. It took all my willpower not to click on the London's spoilers.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

There was a scene where Rick is with Shane and then Shane hands the gun off to Daryl, or something, and the subtext is basically that Daryl is replacing Shane. It was nicely done.

I hope that with Merle around again they won't ruin the friendship between Daryl and Rick.

I get the feeling a lot of fans hate Rick but I think Andrew Lincoln is just superb. I always feel for Rick.