The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Finished up the end of season 1.

"Wildfire" - This was the first episode where I thought every scene was just right. Carol breaking down as she mutilated her abusive husband's corpse was a tough tough scene, phenomenally acted. How Melissa McBride was not a major presence on TV before now is a mystery to me. She brings so much to this role. Jim staying behind, hoping he could at least be reunited with his family in zombiedom, broke my heart. Andrea waiting to kill and bury her sister, always on her own - the scene where she pulled the gun on Rick, saying, "I turned the safety off," calling back to one of his first conversations with her. Shane's moment of madness where he almost killed Rick. Lori and Shane both allowing their separate guilt to override any doubts about Rick's CDC plan. Very good intro for Dr. Jenner. I'm still not sure why Morales and his family needed to be written out but I guess it's realistic to have people going their separate ways, especially after such a massacre.

"TS-919" I guess you could tell Jacqui was going because she was one of the only people who didn't have a shower scene...

I thought this had some great moments, my favorite being the one where Jenner showed the scan of a brain dying, then being reborn. Noah Emmerich was excellent in the role. I almost wish he'd stayed on longer, as no one else on the show had his perspective and he had the potential to shake up the dynamics.

I must say that if they wanted Jacqui choosing to stay behind to have more of an impact, they should have taken a little time to develop her character. Viewers knew almost nothing about her. Even in her last episode she was barely seen. Her last scene with Jenner was moving, but could have been more.

Would the group, especially Andrea and Dale, have survived that explosion when they were still close to the building??

That Lori/Shane attempted rape scene disturbed me on many levels, one of them that just yesterday I saw a confession on tumblr that basically said Shane was a good person because at least he stopped! Sometimes when I see moments like all the men wandering around in the power room while the women are with the kids or alone, I can see how such a sexist view permeates fandom, but that's still scary as hell.

I was angry that Dale took Andrea's choice away from her. I was actually very relieved that she confronted him about this in the season 2 opener because I thought it would be brushed under the rug.

Andrew Lincoln was incredibly hot in the scenes with drunk Rick staggering around.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I'm not going to watch that video. I'm not going to watch that video. I'm not going to watch that video. I'm not going to watch that video.

I'm not going to watch that video. I'm not going to watch that video. I'm not going to watch that video. I'm not going to watch that video.

That poster is all kinds of awesome!

• Members

I am getting to the end of my rope. I just suffered through another episode of Revenge. It was incredible how many minutes were spent of the tense auction of a bottle of bad wine and fake kidnapping. That show needs a herd of zombies to snack on the wealthy set to make it interesting. If I had Dexter or Game of Thrones or even True Blood, I would be fine, but this is excruciating.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

So true. LOL! It would not be so bad if someone got cut to pieces or beheaded or staked/drained dry or shot. Even Once Upon a Time kills people by magic on a regular basis or like tonight where Gold beats the hell out of Hook, but Revenge nada, all intense looks and mind games. Give me a break.