GH: November Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree on all points. I just wanted to clarify that canon said a few years back that Luke lost the Ice Princess (I think that Hellzabub stole it back), so his only actually sources of income are the Haunted Star (that Tracy owns) and Kelly's (who Bobbie probably has the majority share in considering she's the only one who actually works at it). While he does have a Swiss bank account or two, he doesn't have the Ice Princess anymore.

Back to your complaining that much of what we are seeing is idiotic - because it is. And don't even get me started on this latest LuNacy foolishness. They are capable of a real story and I'm getting a little tired of the farce they make JE a part of.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know I think that's a cop out. Not you but the statement which I have heard quoted a lot. I don't watch anymore, but I'll acknowledge GH probably has a more contemporary look than other shows and definitely more action but for the so called "Face paced" storylines, I don't agree. Why is it(and this is not new on GH) that the same characters have the same conversations over and over for weeks and then boom it;s onto something else versus taking the time to build or develop the storylines, using the dialogue effectively, so that so much doesn't seem haphazard and ridiculous, so with that yeah I think there is time to build a going broke story. Personally I've never understood why GH gets so much praise for their dialogue, they are about the laziest show out there for this reason alone. While storylines years ago were ridiculous, I don't recall this kind of either dragging on dialogue or whiplash with storylines.

And on a side note, I have to say I'm glad I haven't returned or watched anything Vanessa related since her return. Love Vanessa and loved Brenda but I think I'm content keeping my memories of Brenda under an earlier and better time.

• Members

I agree. For instance, Michael was in Pentonville last spring. Here we are, half way through fall, and we're still hearing him whine about how messed up he is and watching him as he's assaulting people who touch him left and right... without finding out what the hell happened in Pentonville. And, to your point, there hasn't even been any build up to it. It's just been the same "I'm a freak! I'm so messed up! Pentonville changed me!"

• Members

I have to say Lisa is very convincing. I cant tell if she's lying or telling the truth. She admited that she had a little breakdown but is trying to get over the Robin and Patrick drama and wishes they'd stop pulling her back in. Robin is the one looking crazy with Lisa as the sane one and that sounds crazy. Robin has no evidence to corroborate anything and its all circumstantial based on her rantings. Lisa;s probably the most intelligeent person on the show bc she's covered all her tracks and made idiots out of those around her

• Members

I'm actually interested in the Lisa storyline this go-round as I wasn't actually paying attention during the initial run of the story..And Brianna Brown is quite a find. As Cheap said I honestly can't tell if she's lying or not even though I know I'm supposed to assume she is..

• Members

Carly: "Fill me in on how Brenda managed to kill someone and what that means for Jax, Jason and Sonny". Bitch, shut up!

Im convinced. I buy Lisa's story and wish Patrick would get out of her face

Sonny practically screws Brenda with his eyes and Claire watches all of this but will it change her outlook on him? Most likely not

Edited to add: Claire Walsh, you are a dumb slut. It didnt take long

gh110210.jpg

Is Brenda ever planning on leting the Qs know she's back in town? The girl is a nut. Can they please dust off Lainey and send her, her way?

• Members

I wonder what they can or would do to her now though. They kinda deadlocked her her breakdown but since they are ignoring that and leaving it in the past, she might have some hope as a viable character. One thing's for sure and its that she needs to get away from Patrick and Robin bc they are holding her back

• Members

I gotta admit Jason and Brenda do have chemistry, especially within the context of their storyline (hitman protects damsel from bad guys) but Brenda is such a needy, whiny bitch I almost feel sorry for Sam. How many times is Brenda going to call/ask/plead for Jason and run into his arms. She was pathetic today. I feel Guza is itching to put them together but he knows Marcil ain't staying so he'll tease them to the max till she leaves.

• Members

I don't recall Brenda being this needy back in the day, but she's always been whiney and manipulative. The thing is she has better chemistry with Jason than either Sonny or Jax, and Sam looks less-than in comparison because Brenda brings out more of Jason's personality than anyone else. Brazen would be the best option out of all of this (S&B, J&B, JaSam).

• Members

I think its different with them though as they had a history before their breakdowns and connections with a variety of characters and families on the show. Lisa? Her entire short stint has revolved around Scrubs. The only character outside of them she's connected with is Steve and thats a weak one at best considering how irrelevant he is potrayed on the show, not to mention he is also exists to help prop up Scrubs. I think the only reason why Lisa is still around is bc of Brianna Brown bc the character herself isnt weakly tied to the show as TPTB have failed to establish any roots but BB plays the heck out of her and has been such an asset

Archived