GH: November Discussion Thread

• Members
Where did you find that? Who knew there were high res pics of Ally Bowman from The City still on the internets?! :lol:

I'm not. I'm ready to move on. This story is played the f*ck out.

And where the hell is BrookLynn?! Don't tell me she was sacked for this Siobahn bitch. <_<:rolleyes:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brenda is a dumb ass bitch. Why did she run out like an idiot? Stupid

Her BFF isnt much better. Who leaves a toddler outside at night to go inside a a building to get coffee? "I had my eyes on her the entire time" If thats the case, than how how you didnt see her move?

The Balkan's men are half way there with their work, kidnapping Siobhan. Now they need to kill her off

Loving Michael and Abby

• Members

There's a way to do this and still have people seem reasonably intelligent, or a way to make viewers see there is no easy way out.

To tell a story where Lisa holds Robin prisoner, has a mental breakdown, various people say she can't work at the hospital again, then she shows up, and everyone treats her like she's sane and the show forgets the lines about her not working at the hospital -- who came up with this?

Or the ridiculous story where Liz blows all of the money for her kids in some money scheme gone wrong.

Or Luke blowing ten million dollars in a few months.

Or...anything with Brenda.

• Members

Exactly. There's doing stupid things, and just plain being stupid.

Patrick sleeping with Lisa was a stupid thing to do. However, an entire hospital knowing that a doctor had a mental breakdown and was in a psychiatric facility and then acting as if everything's totally fine when she shows back up is just plain stupid. Even the dimmest bulb would say "hang on -- she was in a looney bin less than a couple weeks ago... and she's back at work?"

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

BRENDAHAHA3.png

• Members

But is everyone forgetting Lisa's sins any more idiotic than Alexis falling for and marrying Ric Lansing? Or idiot Alexis one more time being a total moron and falling for Jerry Jax and the entire town forgetting he held everyone hostage and killed Alan? Or to go back further, the entire town agreeing that is was fine for Jason to steal AJ's child? Or even further, that Anna Devane became police chief because she happened to be an old girlfriend of the commissioner? Or Mac gets the job for reasons still unclear except he was a brother?

It's unfortunate but the shows move at such a fast pace these days there is just no time to do a proper story where someone actually goes broke. Luke shouldn't even need Tracy's money because as the show clearly stated some years back Luke owns the Ice Princess, the world's largest diamond, and periodically shaved off some when he needed cash.

Lisa's return was too abrupt and the show should have had her off screen a few months before bringing her back I think. But this is the show that had Johnny Zacharra flat broke and working as a mechanic, suddenly a full blown mobster with official territory and men. Where did these men come from? And if Sonny took over all of the Z organization for reasons still that make no sense, what organization is it that Johnny is in charge of?

And why isn't Jason in jail? He was found guilty and sentenced. Just because the D.A. says she wants you out that doesn't get you out. Did the Governor pardon him? And whatever became of the judge's promise to go after everyone who perjured themselves at Sonny's trial? For that matter, why would Jax even agree for a second to get involved with Carly if he wants nothing to do with Sonny?

Looking at the decades of nonsensical writing of all the soaps, Lisa being back at GH and Luke and Liz blowing through cash seems par for the course.

• Members

You're missing the point. It's not about the verisimilitude of the stories. Carl's point is about the characters having plausible actions within the stories. For example: You can have someone come in and steal a baby without having Robin do something NO average parent with a lick of parenting skills would do -- leave a toddler unattended. This is an educated woman. A doctor. A frickin' diagnostician, for God's sake, which means she's supposed to have an expert ability to analyze. She has way too much intelligence to do something like that, knowing Lisa's baby stealing ass is on the loose.

• Members

Love seeing some Michael/Abby love here wub.gif I like them to.

Carly waiting for Jax in her little sexy outfit laying on the couch as she shower herself with Halloween candy. LOL. Little does she know, Jax has stood her up so he could go see how Brenda's doing. Love it! I find myself both looking forward to and dreading seeing how Carly reacts tomorrow when she realizes he isn't gonna show up lol!!

Oh wow....Brenda was so dumb today!! What was she thinking?? She should have just stayed at the penthouse with Dante. I do *kind* of get where she's coming from and the way she acted after she shot the balkin guy was no surprise. And i love seeing Sam act all jeoulous. LOL.

I just hate the Robin/Patrick/Lisa stuff. GH still beating a dead horse with it all, this is nothing new. Boring. I did find it kinda random how Lisa went to the restaurant and had that little scene with Johnny & Ethan.

• Members

On paper some of this stuff works - knitting together Lucky's undercover op with Brenda, Brenda and Dante, whatever. But onscreen it's basically, every man wants Brenda, Sam is even more pointless than usual, and then there are a bunch of dumbass stories like Lisa's return, Nik and Liz (still, some more, also), and Carly's apparently absent vendetta against Lulu and Dante. Meanwhile, stories are (just like in 2002) skewed around Vanessa Marcil's recurring desire to play "mentally unhinged Brenda," which she proved, both last time and in the '90s, she simply cannot do. Yes, Brenda is mercurial, self-obsessed, wild - in this way she is Marcil playing Brenda playing Marcil. But the "crazy PTSD Brenda" [!@#$%^&*] never works. And her evolution with Jax in the '90s has been completely undone. She's back to always being at loose ends, always fucked up, repeating teenage patterns of behavior. I'd like to believe she can begin to redeem Sonny's character if he must remain, and in this quasi-patriarch role, but she's a nut and he's...well, Sonny, basically. And the Claire character is just an embarrassment.

Also, I like the idea of Siobhan and I don't think she's that bad but man that accent is hilarious at times. And really, Lucky should be with Liz. All this [!@#$%^&*] they're doing with him is because TPTB don't want him "stuck" with Liz because they think JJ's too cool for school, so they're flinging everything around that they can. Play him with Liz or Sam, because honestly JJ has chemistry with Monaco and she has no other use on this show. At all.

I think they keep LW in the role because they have other women they'd rather use than Carly, such as Brenda. As long as Wright is Carly they don't feel challenged to do anything much with her. That's the only reason why she's had a quasi-stable relationship with Jax for years. They're bored with her just like they're bored with Jax, and they don't want anyone else to get LW and IR. They should've brought back Brown.

Let's see, what else. Jason is a joke, as always. Maya Ward doesn't work and I think they've all but deliberately sabotaged her. Ethan works but should never have been Luke's. Both he and Barash are very talented but they don't utilize them properly and I'm sure Sonny and Jason will kill poor Johnny - who actually has a very touching relationship with Lisa Lo Cicero's otherwise-totally-pointless Olivia (she should be Lois Cerullo) - eventually. And Luke and Tracy has long since stopped being all that fun. I believe he cares for her, but I'll never believe he loves her more than Laura.

• Members

Same here. I tuned in on Friday after two weeks away from the show, and it was just the same old people have the same old conversations. Dante looking guilty, Jason barking "We need to find THE BALKAN!", Brenda having nightmares and doing that BWAHAHAHA thing and telling everybody about her angst. I am stunned at how bad the writing has been since VMG showed up. I thought she was meant to be Guza's muse!

Also: we need more Diane. That's just a given.

Archived