DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

Very disappointed in Nicole after watching Friday's episode! Seriously, after Rafe shoved her & threatened to kill her, Nicole actually got afraid of him and ended up complimenting him saying to Sami that she's lucky to have him?! Oh wow...!! I would have busted out of there so fast and went straight to the DiMera mansion after Rafe pushed & threatened me mad.gif I can't believe Nicole caved in like that....

Jennifer! wub.gif So glad to see her back...she looks beyond beautiful. I love her so freaking much. Liked her scenes with Hope as well as Bo. Lol @ her getting smart with the prison guard! Dang how old is Jack Jr. now?? He's in boarding school lol.

Hope's prison storyline is beyond boring! Can we get to the part where Bo gets her out of there and they reunite once and for all?? And can Carly get a clue already and dump Bo before her heart gets broken?! I'm sorry but I just find it so pathetic how she's helping Bo and Hope like it's the greatest thing in the world, Dr. Detective just helping out & doing a good thing (which it is, but..), when really all it's doing is making things worse for her. This is not going to end well for her! IMO Carly should ditch Bo and Hope and go into someone elses orbit. Like Rafe, EJ, or Daniel's.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People cant handle that she is the star because they hate her character. Some can not seperate reality from fiction, sadly. Others have hate because shes famous outside of soaps, some hate because she doesnt take a side and, ya know, sells her triangle the best she can. Sure, some may feel they have legit reasons but aside from a multitude of personal issues with a person i cant fathom why fans hate actors (sweeney or anyone else) so much. Others just hate to hate and have nothing else to do, it could be amusing if it wasnt sad.

Also, the "shes writing" thing is so funny. She did write, as did Alfonso and quite a few others. If she was currently writing, we would see a much different Sami, IMHO.

And, lol. Yes Kurth is very red and Taylors forehead is vagina pink actually. But the lighting doesnt help at all.

• Members

she'd be portrayed less like a socccer mom. Ali brought that up during one of the interviews at last week's fan event. I think she'd have Sami causing trouble and being more of a b-tch as opposed to trooping around with her kid on her arm every other day. She's probably the most visible mother on soaps today bc not many are always shown with their kids as much as Sami is. In some respects that kinda holds her back. From what I heard I think Ali realizes that

• Members

Ummm...

watch this, http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/11/we-love-soaps-tv-214-alison-sweeney.html and esp the 2min-3:30 mark. this is pretty much what she says and how she seems to feel in a lot of experiences ive had with her. That sami should be mature, and act like an adult with kids and whatnot, because to have her act like she did in 1997 would be ridiculous. She has changed, and she should. and then at the 5min mark she talks about ejami/safe and hits the nail on the head. its too bar her, Galen, and James have no consistency to play, because i think with half decent writing they could actually play a very engaging love triangle.

I just think Sweeney knows sami, obviously, inside and out and what really makes her tick, or what should anyways. sadly it is never played on screen, or when it is its brief. I also do not think that if Sweeney had full control over sami that she would be so pathetic all around, i just see Sweeney infusing sami by letting he interact with other characters, have a job, and add some layers.

• Members

Judging by that interview, I would agree with your assessment. Sweeney really gets her character and sounded ever so slightly regretful about the show not pursuing certain elements related to Sami's character and history.

I love her take on Safe/Ejami but right now I just cannot deal with Sami and the triangle. I can't watch her. This triangle was so great a year ago when you couldn't tell whether it was love or hate that was driving the Ejami relationship. But now I'm just tired of seeing these three characters on my screen every day having the same conversation. They need some vacation time and come back refreshed. Then they need to spin these three into different SLs for a little bit. Rafe especially needs to establish himeself independent of these other two.

• Members

Yup.

Safej can be saved, my biggest issue is that they are one. EJ is the most fleshed out, but Sami & Rafe are so one note (and it has little to nothing to do with the acting). Why isnt Sami having scenes with Bo, Caroline, Stephanie, even Roman. It would be great to see her supporting Stephanie or talking with Bo. And rafe.... why doesnt he go bond with some people? They should place him in the Salem PD and let him bond with Bo, and make him and Carly friends or anything.

The best thing they could do, and never will, is have Sami walk away from EJ & Rafe both, get a job (basic Black? Why not have Brady after he is clean and sober take it over and give Sami a job?), have some friends, and do some soul searching, and maybe even date around a little bit and raise her kids.

• Members

When did the isolation of Sami from the rest of the canvas start? I'd love a fiesty, slightly scheming Sami to come back again. Granted the Sami of 1997 should never come back but this whitewashing of Sami is also unacceptable. She's a flawed human being... simple as that. Let's see the writer's utilize that.

• Members

But, what whitewashing? That is long gone and has been. She has lied about her baby, shot ej, beat a bitch down, etc... She is not the saint heroine that Hogan had. I love that she shot EJ and, so far, does not regret it.

As for Sami being isolated, I am not really sure when it started. It just kinda happened over time, slowly. She never really had a friend other than Jamie. Belle left, Marlena & John left, and the show tied tied her to Stephanie & Caroline for a hot minute, then Maggie, and then nothing again.

• Members

IA. Id love to see her involved in the stuff with these Brady women. I really want to see her reaction to Caroline changing the test results. Stephanie needs a female ally and Id rather it be Sami since they are in the same generation. Id rather she than her going over all her schemes with the adults and now her grandmother. Sami's older but she is closer to her age than Paulina, Adrienne, Kayla and Caroline and it would be insightful to see her guide her cousin. Sami desperately needs a friend bc the only positive reinforcement she has is Rafe. I like your idea of Caroline especially since everyone in town seems to hate her. Id also wish they take her story focus away from her kids. Its crazy enough that she has 3 kids under the age of 4 but her whole world doesnt have to revolve around them.

• Members

Caroline has always been the person Sami is the closest with, and to see that they never interact now is sad. They had some great Caroline/Sami/Stpehanie scenes for a few months after Kayla & Marlena left. Id kill to see Caroline/Kayla/Adrianne/Sami/Stephanie meet up for lunch.

Archived