DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love EJ/Nicole!! I actually liked them when they were together before. An unholy alliance is brewing... I hope!

Melanie=ugh! The most annoying, pointless character... I guess the actress is doing something right because I can't stand the twit. I don't mind her in small doses but if she's the future of the show.. then god help DAYS LOL

Daniel is so cute but oh so clueless. Everytime I watch, I just want to say 'honey, don't think. Just stand there and look pretty :)'

On a side note, Jennifer :wub:

• Administrator

I agree with EJ/Nicole. Love watching them together.

Wow, that's some bad editing - at the end of yesterday's episode, Melanie collapse and Daniel was taking her to the hospital. Now in today's episode, 15 mins into the show, Melanie didn't collapse and they're still at the pier.

• Administrator

I understand the replay of the previous segment in the teaser, but this Dan/Chloe was worse than usual because Melanie didn't collapse until the 15 min or so mark and Melanie didn't explain that she treated that patient (in yesterday's episode). It was just bad editing, very amateurish. Disappointed in Tomlin there.

• Members

I noticed that when EJ chloroformed Sami at the end of Monday's episode, he put Sami on the sofa, and then Allie came out and screamed. At the beginning of Tuesday's epi, he chloroformed Sami, put Sami on the sofa, then TALKED TO HIMSELF for a bit about how he was going to take his children the hell out of Salem. THEN Allie came out and screamed! It made me wonder if they didn't have enough time on Monday for the monologue.

Lock-down at the hospital!

• Members

Aside from the Safe/Ejami foolishness, this was a rather good show. I'm so glad they're not having Chloe instantly having a flat stomach - I hate when shows do that (especially since it never happened for me, tongue.gif).

I'm still missing Magic, but one day of Maggie in that sarcophagus this week is enough for me. Interesting how Vivian was in it for about 6 weeks and it was actually humourous, but a few showings of Maggie in that thing are devastatingly gut-wrenching. Shouldn't her White Knight be charging in just about now?

I'm more than ready for the family of Dan/Carly/Melanie/Nathan to be free of Philip/Chloe/Stephanie. Not that the story is dragging, I just like that little quartet.

• Members

LOVING Phloe! wub.gif

Also Nathan/Melanie!! I think these two are so perfect for each other. I like how they are being brought together with this S/L. I think it's a little pathetic that the hospital isn't on lock down but whatever. Back to Nathan and Melanie, I think MB and MH work so well with each other and I'm looking forward to more wub.gif

Used to love Philip and Stephanie but not anymore. Seriously all these two do is argue with each other. I can't see these two ever being happy together.

Go away Caroline and stop eavesdropping on peoples conversations! rolleyes.gif That seems to be her new thing to do now.

• Members

Sorry DF, didn't see your post earlier!

All the interviews were absolutely fabulous, and you are right about the easy chemistry between Koslow and Mascolo, that more than anything has really helped to establish Kate & Stefano as a viable "power couple." It is obvious that both know their characters' shared history inside-out and have thought about what makes the relationship tick.

Rogers/Sorel/Aniston interview was arguably the best. I love how warm and BFF Suzanne Rogers and Louise Sorel were with each other. SR is so well spoken, and she and Aniston graciously -- but pointedly -- talked about how inclusive Days has been recently in terms of incorporating all ages into the canvas.

Speaking of that, what I loved about the interviews is how it showcased such a wide range/mix of ages and characters. Like, Melissa Burnett was interviewed not with her two love interests on the show, but with Shawn Christian who plays her father. I like the way Days is seeing value in both romantic and non-romantic relationships.

Gotta say, Michael Fairman seems like an honest-to-God Days fan. Obviously those interviews were 100% official so he kept the questions light and upbeat and non-critical, but I appreciated how much time he gave the actors to answer his questions. Especially the vets like Susan Seaforth and Doug Hayes and SR/LS/JA.

Also, Ariane Zucker seems like a natural comedian. :wub: her!

• Members

I like Melanie and Nathan, too! I thought I was the only one who sees heat between them in their scenes.

Also, I'm still not sold on Philip & Stephanie. Shelley hennig has improved since the days when she was Philip's trophy girlfriend, but I cannot help but feel Hennig is slightly uncomfortable in scenes with him -- with most male actors, in fact. She seems more comfortable with female actresses like Melissa Burnett, Judi Evans, MBE and Peggy McKay.

Caroline is a LOON. She is BSC, and nobody even noticed it happening. I look forward to a scene with Peter Reckell where she says something odd or off-color and kind of shuffles drunkenly off. I just want to see Bo give her that raised-eyebrow, WTF look.

• Members

I don't mind minor stuff like this, as opposed to the full blown edits that used to occur when Reilly was writing. I remember we'd have scenes were three people were at a "big revelation" on Friday, then on Monday suddenly the entire cast was there because they couldn't afford to get them all there the previous week. Ridiculous.

• Members

I can't believe it, but I was kind of feeling sorry for Sami today. Kudos to Ali Sweeney, as I thought she did an amazing job today! What EJ is asking sami to do is really harsh and I'm having a hard time getting behind it! I like that he has the upper hand but I think he is taking it to far. Why is he trying to make Sami abandon the kids?? I think he should have just asked her to hand them over and that's it. No stipulation about her not ever seeing them again! Come on, that's just never going to work. EJ is being way to greedy about this IMO.

I think this is being handled all wrong! Now it really does seem like Ej played Nicole mad.gif I hate how angry EJ is about this, I wish he could be more happy and excited. He was straight up cold with Nicole at the end and in the previews he was shouting at her. This would be better to me if EJ was nice to Nicole and actually teaming up with her, & excited for the future....instead he seems to be jeoulous of Sami & Rafe. Love EJami, but I don't see them ever being happy after all that's been done so I think EJ just needs to get over it already.

STFU Rafe and die. I wish Nicole would have punched him in the face. I hate how verbally abusive he is with her. She just stands there and takes it all and isn't scared of him, which is good, but she really should knock him out for once.

That's right Victor!! So glad he is putting the pieces together regarding everything! Vivian is not in that coffin, Maggie is. Now you go save her smile.gif

Archived