DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She had a busy week that week, but as to the order of the list. It's all of the contract actors (Mac Carey through Bill Hayes) followed by whoever works each day on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. That's why the yet-uncast U/5 Guard (working Wednesday) is listed above Mike Farrell (working Friday), who had been with the show since 1968.

• Members

Wow! Didn't realize Joan Van Ark was on DAYS! Cool. What was her character? How long was she around, was she well-liked?

And I presume those episode numbers are the ones they were shooting that day and that they did not air until a later date?

Thanks, Jason! :D

• Members

You're welcome! Yes, those are the episodes taped those dates, they aired a few weeks later.

Janene was played by three actresses. She was a model who briefly dated Bill Horton.

Mary Wilcox (Janene Whitney) 6/6/69-10/29/69

Pat Hornung (Janene Whitney) 11/5/69-3/19/70

Joan Van Ark (Janene Whitney) 4/27/70-9/11/70

• Members

Ketty Lester's quote breaks my heart, because it's so true.

I had never heard so much detail about the Sharon story, beyond synopses. It sounds like something DAYS should have just avoided.

When I was bored and coming up with story ideas a few years ago, I wanted to bring in a young niece for Julie, by her brother, who would be a lesbian and very rebellious and have a lot of issues, and it would force Julie to address what happened with Sharon all those years ago.

• Members

I wonder why they recast each time?Were they not happy with the first two Janene's and kept looking for an actress that would click in the part and maybe then expand the role? Or was Janene only ever meant to be a minor role and the actresses were not available/interested in returning?