DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That article interested me mostly because Storms, Tylo, and Austin Peck have had such messy, messy personal lives in the decade since that article. It's not enough to talk about how much you believe - you have to walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

Julianne Morris doesn't seem that bad to me at all in comparison.

Jaime Lyn Bauer - I cut her a lot of slack as she had a terrible life from some of what she's said in interviews, and she seems like a nice person, but I will say if I had to work with her I think I'd have a big migraine.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm an atheist, but I still don't find any of these Christian actors strange or creepy. A huge percentage of the population still believes in some sort of God, generally the Christian one in the U.S. No reason to think actors would be any different. I do find a certain irony in some of it given that Austin Peck participated in the break up of a marriage, but whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OK Thanks

May 88

After finding a body microphone on Diana, Jose Torres ordered Roman to kill Diana to prove his desire to become a part of the Torres crime family. Abe helped Roman fake Diana`s death, then Roman shot Diana in the face in front of Jose and his thugs. Shane was devastated when Kimberly was arrested on prostitution charges, but she kept mum that it was all part of her scheme to smoke the Slasher out of hiding. When Harper refused to father a child for Anjelica, she decided that Justin would be the perfect daddy for her child. Someone attacked Kimberly. Roman warned Diana that she`s to stay in hiding now that Torres believes she`s dead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Looking over that summary of viewer mail and the synopsis/treatment above, I have to wonder how the show felt to viewers at this time -- only eleven years after its very Horton-centric premiere, there are entire storylines involving people totally uninvolved with the Horton family. I know there was professional overlap with Neil and Marlena being doctors, etc., but it's very striking. I guess some of it was also the expansion to an hour, but the introduction of the Neil/Amanda stuff in particular always reads as very abrupt in storyline summaries.

(And thank you all for sharing this stuff! It's so interesting to read, and I realize how lucky I am to be able to see it at all. You guys are awesome.)

Edited by Michael

• Members

Interesting observations Michael. I didn't realize until I re-read that outline that there were no Hortons present.Maybe they should have made a point of having a Horton presence in each ep.

The one hour format allowed writers the chance to be freed from the restrictions of a small cast and move beyond the core but in the longterm it often meant that core families were neglected and diminished.

Once again I'll state - Deidre Hall should have been brought on as Dr Sandy Horton!

• Members

I was watching at the time and I did get bored with some of the newer characters. Even though I liked Trish, I thought she was on too much. I didn't find Amanda especially interesting either. She was just okay to me. I did like Valerie & David (although I thought it was ridiculous that Julie had a son his age), and Brooke.