DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is only indirectly related to Days but this clip includes Helen Funai who played Doug Williams' ex-wife, Kim Douglas, on Days in the 70s. Helen was one of the "Ding-A-Ling Sisters" on The Dean Martin Show around the same time. Helen is on the left, and gorgeous Jayne Kennedy is on the right. I believe the blondes are Michelle Della Fave and Lindsay Bloom.

And here they are in color.

Edited by jam6242

• Members

It's always fun to see the era when older variety shows tried very hard to seem hip.

That first one is pretty good, although I was trying to figure out whether they were dancing in sync...

(and feathers kept flying off their costumes, which is also fun...)

• Members

One of my favorites is Peggy Lipton singing "Lu" on the Andy Williams Show. That's a rambling song even by Laura Nyro standards (although family-friendly...I guess) to be dropped into the midst of Andy and Claudine. A pretentious dancing couple in the background was thrown in to, presumably, try to show more romance. I guess the mom and pop audience was torn between wondering when Totie Fields was going to appear, and maybe the pops getting a peek at Peggy in her low-cut black dress.

• Members

LOL! That one I don't remember. I'll have to look that one up. Of course, Bill Hayes in character as Doug used to sing pop songs in the 70s but I can't think of anything that was too bad, unless maybe it was when he did "Puppet Man."

Edited by jam6242