As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Potter produced ATWT in the early 60s, then produced Another World in 1964-65, then Our Private World in 1965.  He returned to Another World until he left to produce The Doctors from 1967-73.  Then he went to Guiding Light from 1976-83.  He would return to AW from 1983-84 when he retired at the end of the year.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The one and only Tamara Tunie will join me live in The Locher Room on Friday, December 17th at 3 p.m. EST / 12 p.m. PST to discuss her upcoming starring role in A Journal for Jordan directed by Denzel Washington opening on Christmas Day. Ms. Tunie is also set to narrate a documentary about the domestic assault on the Capitol complex. Preserving Democracy: Pursuing a More Perfect Union is a two-hour doc, which will air on January 6, 2022 on PBS. The doc will examine the pursuit of democracy, within the U.S. and others, on the anniversary of the 2021 Capitol riot. She can currently be seen in Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop. Ms. Tunie has starred for 18 seasons as Medical Examiner Dr. Melinda Warner in Wolf Films/Universal Media Studio’s top-rated series “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.” She starred as Marie Van Der Veen, the matriarch and the “moral fiber” of a Native American tribe, on Sundance TV’s THE RED ROAD. The role is a marked departure from the sophisticated and powerful women she is known for portraying. Ms. Tunie, also, starred in AMC’s series DIETLAND and the BBC/Netflix political drama Black Earth Rising. Ms. Tunie has had other memorable roles on television, most notably as the longstanding character Jessica Griffin on the CBS Daytime Drama “As The World Turns,” for which she received two NAACP Image Award nominations and two Soap Opera Digest award nominations. She also appeared in the highly visible role of Alberta Green in Season One of the hit series “24”, as well as recurring roles and guest appearances on “Almost Family” “Emergence”, “Better Call Saul”, “Blue Bloods���, “Billions”, “Alpha House”, “Elementary” “Survivor’s Remorse”, “Zoo”, "The Good Wife”, “Law and Order,” “Sex and the City,” and “NYPD Blue”, to name a handful.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Ugh, I can just imagine.

Locher: So Hunt, I understand that you introduced Tamara to her first husband?

Tunie/Block: What?!/Huh??

Tunie: That was the first Craig Montgomery, Scott Bryce.

Locher: Well, he won't take my calls anymore, so I figured, here's the next best thing.

(Tamara is NOT amused).