As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I remember Scott was paired 1st with Connor..but I can't recall what caused them to break up.  

I did think Scott and Lucinda had loads of potential..with Lucinda and Lisa not being keen on one another.

And I do remember Ellen still had presence until the mid 90s.  She seemed to be a mother hen to Courtney, Rod/Josh, etc...which made sense since she didn't have a strong foundation with her mom.

And I do think instead of bringing back Dani in the 90s, one of Annie's kids could have stayed with her in the mid 90s..and been the 3rd wheel with Nikki/Ryder.  

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is one of the better hosted podcasts interviewing someone from the world of daytime drama, but time stamps would be a worthwhile addition as these podcasts tend to run long.

Bryce is interesting in general, but he really got my attention when he begins to describe his final appearance on ATWT and how he hadn't realized how badly things had deteriorated on the show until he was there.

https://youtu.be/RulOS2v1tRk

Welp, it can't be embedded. Sorry, just got to follow the link.

Some of these podcast hosts are so bad at promotion of their program, no wonder their view counts are so low!

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Grammatical and spelling errors. Hey, it was super duper late when I wrote this!

• Members

You're welcome.

I found it at random. I had to laugh though when he mentioned the Facts Of Life and said that he thinks that George Clooney, who had left the show, was playing "Jo's boyfriend or something". He obviously didn't watch that show before he was on it, lol.

I realize I have seen some of the work that he's produced. Even though it's for a YA audience, I really enjoyed the special he produced about Frederick Douglass years ago. Too bad there weren't more episodes in that series made about other historical figures, I thought it was a great idea- it probably lacked the funding to go further.

• Members

Any chance you have a rough timestamp on where Bryce discusses the later years? It's a very long interview. If not, no worries.

Scott Bryce is one of the smartest, slyest performers around but he's aged (well!) into a conventional-looking older man that I don't think I could see him cast in one of the Craig-like roles I'd love to see him play on a soap today. You'd have to go for a man who is more obviously smoldering and sexy, which is a shame bc I think he's still amazing.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Unfortunately I don't. I think it was nearly 30 minutes before they even discussed ATWT and then they circled back to his time on the show about 1 hour 35 minutes, so it's likely to be sometime around then.

Nope, I am wrong. I don't remember where it is right now. If I can find it, I'll let you know.

• Members

He talks about Beacon Hill (speaking of Hillary B. Smith) at the 52 minutes mark, so perhaps that's when they come back to soaps and ATWT?

You're welcome. She's always a delight. She was the Margo I remember the most. Her chemistry with GM was off the charts.

@Vee At around minute 38, they talk about changes in daytime television and his last time on ATWT and how markedly different it was.

• Members

You're welcome.

I mentioned unthread that I wished these vlog podcasts would get with the idea of time stamps. It's time.

This one, in particular has a running time of 2 hours but the interview itself doesn't get started until about the 35 minutes mark, or so.

Still, at this this host knows how to conduct and maintain a worthwhile discussion. Can he interview some other former soap stars? Many former East Coast soap stars live in CT, NY and NJ.