Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sad. Even though Marland, and later regimes, seemingly decided the character never existed, my mother still remembered her all through those years (mainly because of the Margo/Tom/Maggie triangle). I do think Maggie and Lyla were somewhat redundant on the same canvas, but Linda was an interesting actress and I wish Maggie could have come back for visits. She was such a big part of the show until suddenly she just wasn't. I also think her relationship with Margo had a lot of layers that they could have explored.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

A few reasons, really. The top reason is that ATWT was a steady gig for almost two decades, in a very uncertain profession, (especially for Black women) provided some security.

Also, as a producer, she might have frequently had to chip in her own money, if unable to raise it all from outside sources. Having money in your bank account can really help in that matter. For example, she was one of the producers of the musical "Spring Awakening", which later went to Broadway and became something of a hit, she likely got her return of investment (ROI), but that's a scenario that is far from guaranteed as most productions either barely break even or lose money. I think having a steady stream of income likely allowed her to produce/invest in the projects that she truly wanted to invest in (which may be risky), rather than just going for those that are perceived as the "safe bet", yet something she may feel no passion for producing.

Of course, we know that in the final years of the show, TT went to L&O, because she was under-utilized at ATWT and L&O offered to make her a cast "regular". Smart move on Tunie's part, as it was likely better pay for less work.

• Members

Very sad news about Ms. Rapelye.

Sadly, there aren't even many episodes of Maggie Crawford on YouTube, just a handful, it seems.

Interesting that, just a few weeks ago, some were complaining about there being too many characters on ATWT around the time she was on. Has anyone considered the possibility that P&G wanted the cast trimmed? P&G is one of the most cost-conscious companies out there.