Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh wow, 2 in the same month.  :(  I wonder if Eileen Fulton kept in touch with either.  The character of Grant Colman popped up on the show pretty frequently years after he was no longer a regular in Oakdale, so it could've been possible for Douglas and Fulton to be friendly IRL.

• Members

That was a wish shared by many viewers, but for whatever reason, TPTB seemed determined to keep Fulton marginalized and the character of Lisa barely used over the last several years of the show. It became increasingly obvious as time went on, and one has to wonder who among the higher ups held Fulton in such contempt, and why they did not simply fire her outright instead of degrading her by treating her like an irrelevant under-fiver.

• Members

How much do I love the reveal of Tad Channing's murder? So in love with that 11 minute scene, with its extreme close ups of Denise as she tells her story. So appropriate that she seemed so beaten, so lost by the time she was at the police station. Hal was utterly heartbreaking, especially in the police station where he took his anger out on a desk and later in Denise's apartment with the teddy bear. And let's not forget Iva's 'goodbye' to Craig in the previous episode, with Craig silent "I love you." I love Craig so much (and appreciated his shower scenes, despite all the ridiculous dialogue for Turk, Chester (Jester?) etc.). Really sad stuff, although once again I am a bit floored with the show's reeeeaaaally quick pace. Any less of a headwriter and it would be a mess.

• Members

I remember there was a discussion about what a depressing year 1992 was on ATWT.  I don't know whether the episode of Margo's rape is posted anywhere online but AsTheWorldStillTurns has posted it and it's labeled 8/3/92.  

Was this the only time ATWT issued a warning about the graphic nature of the content before airing an episode?

• Members

I can't say for sure. There were really few truly graphic depictions of violence on ATWT. Emily's rape by Diego might have rated one. Other than Angel/Henry, something during the Teague story, or perhaps something in the Brock Lombard story, I'm not sure what would have even rated one. When did they start the daily ratings? The early '00's?

• Members

It's not really the actual scenes that make the episode's content so graphic.  I think that Dr. Samuel's ER talk with Margo describing in detail Margo's recollection of how she was raped and the physical actions of her rapist (talking about him getting scared when he heard the sirens causing him to pull out prematurely & ejaculate on her leg) and doing a semen analysis.  

I only watched ATWT sporadically during the time Diego was on, so I only remember that Emily was raped by him but I don't remember the details of it.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Ah, John Litvack (the director in the photo with Fulton and Douglas).  The same guy who was The WB's head of programming during the "Buffy"/"Dawson's Creek" era -- and the same dude who infamously referred to Michelle Williams as a "chipmunk-cheeked c**t."