As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Some information I found..

Barry Carlson...Ian McFarland's manager...Wayne Armstrong...1979

Dr. Matthew Devan...Len Gochman (SOM)

Andy Dixon...1978...Sky Berdahl

Dr. Keith Lambert...Andrew Jarkowsky(AW, SFT)

Nurse Dorothy Stone ...Marsha Clarke (GL, OLTL, GH, Y&R, DOOL, TD, and many others)   Thanks Carl!!

Richard Taylor (Michael Finn) was a friend?Boyfriend of Annie Stewart

Amy Wolfe...Alice Elliott    1978                         anyone know who she was?

Betty...Ellen Evans              1978                        "                                           "

Dorothy Stinnette (EON, AW, SOM, AL, OLTL, etc....) appeared on ATWT prior to 1971 As well as EoN, long before her Nadine Alexander role

Roberta Feldner appeared on ATWT and LOL

Burt Douglas was on ATWT between 72-early 73

If anyone knows who Stinnette and Douglas played, or who Amy Wolfe and Betty were, please let me know.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If anyone is familiar with AsTheWorldStillTurns on You Tube, there was a Special announcement posted on the You Tube page.  This is great of her/him to do.  P&G should be doing this.  Sadly, many of the episodes that I most want are ones not posted anywhere online but I'm sure others will see plenty that they really want to order for their collections.

• Members

I think this is a very different entity from SoapClassics which was done in association with P&G.

If you look through AsTheWorldStillTurns You Tube videos, you will see all he/she has to offer.  I think this is someone who runs their own channel in there own time offering to make copies from her/his own personal collection.  As I understand it, this person gets many of their videos from trades, so it's a 'what you see is what you get' type of scenario.  Still, you'll see a good number of videos from the 80s but since he/she is on September 1989, the videos posted will soon be out of the 80s. 

@ Soapsuds, personally, I'd love to see the rest of August 1986 up to Labor Day '86 and more of Spring/Summer 1987 but of all the online searches, I've yet to find those videos.  I feel like only P&G/PGP itself can supply that need at this point.

Speaking of the 80s, I'm currently watching some videos from 1989 and I'd say from 1989- early 1990, that was definitely the year of the Father/Son relationship being turned upside down.  Of course, there was Paul/James and then Andy/John with Duke thrown in for good measure and then other characters like Derrick and his father Niles' relationship and Brock and Phillip all headed for a deadly collision.  

I'm watching this episode and had to chuckle at Kim and John arguing and Kim's reponse to John's blaming her getting custody of Andy as the reason why he's moving in with Julie.  When Kim replies with an incredulous expression "Custody?!  Custody at 19??!!" I can't help but howl with laughter.:lol:

• Members

The Allyson Rice-Taylor final airdate has been hard to penetrate actually; Connor's SOC profile mentions January air dates but clearly this is not the case. I can't remember it for sure myself but for a safe airdate I would say no later than the March 7th, 1997 episode for sure. 

Believe it or not Chris Browning would debut as the first David Stenbeck just two days later. It's almost hard to imagine that this whole Diego/Lily saga went from getting revenge for Damien's death only to lead directly into a James Stenbeck return caper but somehow the nimrods in charge at the time let it happen, I suppose they were desperate to turn ATWT back around. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Reading an article in TV Guide listings for January 66,I was surprised to see that the CBS affiliate in Youngstown, Ohio WKBN Ch 27 does not broadcast ATWT (or SFT and TGL)I wonder why they would not show the #1 daytime show? Could viewers pick it up on another channel?

WKBN, Channel 27 (Youngstown) (CBS)

Morning

07:30a

CBS Morning News With Mike Wallace

07:55a

News (local)

08:00a

Captain Kangaroo

09:00a

Romper Room

09:30a

Cartoons

09:45a

Classroom TV

10:00a

I Love Lucy

10:30a

The McCoys

11:00a

Andy Griffith

11:30a

Dick Van Dyke

Afternoon

12:00p

Love of Life

12:25p

CBS News

12:30p

News, Weather (local)

12:35p

Movie – “Million Dollar Pursuit”

02:00p

Password (guests Frank Gifford, Betty White)

02:30p

House Party (guest Stan Kenton)

03:00p

To Tell the Truth

03:25p

CBS News

03:30p

The Edge of Night

04:00p

The Secret Storm

04:30p

Movie – “The Mark of Zorro”
Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Who knows the Diego murder story would have played out if ATWT had had a stable regime in place. At least we got rid of Mike Kasnoff....and was replaced by the talented Michael Park as Jack (PJ says without a hint of bias....LOL)

• Members

They came straight out of the Holden/Lily mode. Rich girl who really wants family falls for poor boy from wrong side of tracks. Only with marginal chemistry, a day-player disapproving parent, and an antagonist (Carly) who was clearly more interesting than either of them.

• Members

I happened to see Margaret Colin's Facebook page as I was goofing around at lunch and she looks great but also looks like a  nice Irish mom (that is a compliment.) I thought then it would have been great, if they could do it, during the last five years or so to bring Deas over from GL and bring Colin back as Margo. If PG wanted to show to survive long term it would have been a good move as Bob and Kim were not getting any younger and the show needed another tent pole Hughes couple. Dolan and whatshisface never gave out any warmth at all so they never could have done it...(HATED that guy as Tom.)